Sign in to follow this  

Gone

I had to sell my 2012 Honda CRF 250x. 18 months post back surgery, my body just couldn't handle it anymore. I think someone got a good deal as I sold it for $3,500. It was ridden less than 10 times.

See y'all later.

• Like 1

I had to sell my 2012 Honda CRF 250x. 18 months post back surgery, my body just couldn't handle it anymore. I think someone got a good deal as I sold it for $3,500. It was ridden less than 10 times.

See y'all later.

Sorry man, had 2 back surgeries since 09' the last one was pretty major fusion , 29 staples run up my spine and the kids called it my zipper. I find even light riding helps keep me from losing my damn mind since i've not worked in 5 years. If you don't feel like you can ride a bike any longer go buy you a nice quad and get back out there. We won't make too much fun of you for riding a couch  :smirk: , don't give up i found most of my troubles were in my head.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 7

I also have gone through some problems. Nothing like Beau but I did fracture my L5 and L6 a year ago. I still have some pain and can't really ride as long and hard as I used to. But getting out there still makes me smile like an idiot.

• Like 4

Harley time? No joke. I ride my street bike with lots of Harley riders who used to ride dirt bikes or sport bikes but have wrecked their bodies too badly to do it any more.

That's on my list. I'll probably wait a few years (like 10) before I pursue it though. I bought a Rubicon and I'm enjoying it with my wife.

• Like 2

My lower spine is fused with cadaver bones and a large plate. Give your body some time and do your therapy. Chances are good you'll ride again if you want to. I had to stay off bikes for a few years too but came back better than ever. It was about ten years of slow and steady improvement in pain and mobility.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear your unable to ride right now, can't imagine how much that must suck. I see these kinds of posts from time to time and always wonder what type of riding leads to these horrid injuries? Motocross jumps I assume? I'm just a trail guy and have never even come close to injuries that rough.

• Like 1

My lower spine is fused with cadaver bones and a large plate. Give your body some time and do your therapy. Chances are good you'll ride again if you want to. I had to stay off bikes for a few years too but came back better than ever. It was about ten years of slow and steady improvement in pain and mobility.

You got used bones  :lol:  they took mine from my hip bones , called it a donor surgery i just didn't know i was the donor. 

• Like 2

Sorry to hear your unable to ride right now, can't imagine how much that must suck. I see these kinds of posts from time to time and always wonder what type of riding leads to these horrid injuries? Motocross jumps I assume? I'm just a trail guy and have never even come close to injuries that rough.

I believe a big contributor to my back issues were years of ironman triathlon training and not listening to my body. I let it deteriorate to a point where more conservative treatments were no longer an option. So my injury was not related to motorcycle riding; however I cannot physically do all the things required to own a bike without hurting for days after a ride. By this I mean just doing maintenance, loading and unloading it in my truck, and so forth. I'm going to miss it for sure though.

I do have hope though because post surgery I am slowly getting better and it was nice hearing from another poster about his progress, even though it's slow I'll take it.

• Like 1

Give your body some time and do your therapy. It was about ten years of slow and steady improvement in pain and mobility.

This is what has helped me last two years.

If I don't ride, I get to the point that I can hardly walk.

Just from working.

I look & feel most mornings like I'm 80.

It helps me stay limbered up as long as I don't overdo it.

sadly, at the end of this month, I won't be riding anytime soon either.

• Like 1

I believe a big contributor to my back issues were years of ironman triathlon training and not listening to my body. I let it deteriorate to a point where more conservative treatments were no longer an option. So my injury was not related to motorcycle riding; however I cannot physically do all the things required to own a bike without hurting for days after a ride. By this I mean just doing maintenance, loading and unloading it in my truck, and so forth. I'm going to miss it for sure though.

I do have hope though because post surgery I am slowly getting better and it was nice hearing from another poster about his progress, even though it's slow I'll take it.

Take that therapy very seriously and work all you can , it will pay off in the long haul . Don't lay around getting fat and lazy like i did  :lol: then have to try to work yourself out of that. Besides it's not healthy mentally , trust me it sucks. 

• Like 1

This is what has helped me last two years.

If I don't ride, I get to the point that I can hardly walk.

Just from working.

I look & feel most mornings like I'm 80.

It helps me stay limbered up as long as I don't overdo it.

sadly, at the end of this month, I won't be riding anytime soon either.

why the end of this month again?

I think it sucks just hearing about how dudes here are having to make big decisions like not riding or switching over to an ATV.

It's just a reminder for me that in 10 years or maybe sooner, I'll be faced to make the same decision whether to ride a quad or ATV as opposed to a bike.

I wonder too if even riding a quad or atv might make ones condition even worse as opposed to giving themselves time (a lot of it from what I see) to heal.

:devil:

• Like 3

I hear ya. I'm just not sure it makes a difference if your on tracks or trails, your always at risk of a possible mishap.

• Like 1