Sign in to follow this  

Advise: 04 kx250f

I found an 04 kx250f guy used to race it has a mechainc and everything. Bike looks In good shape. But it won't start. Needs a new stator. He's selling it as is. Would you

1 take the chance as it doesent run cuz it needs the stator

2 would u even buy an 04 I hear horror stories about that year but I don't wanna pass this deal up. Advise please

Thanks

Pass unless its free because by the time you get an 04-05 running correctly you'll have the same money as an 06-08 would have costed and still have and older machine with no resale value

Pass unless its free because by the time you get an 04-05 running correctly you'll have the same money as an 06-08 would have costed and still have and older machine with no resale value

Tbats what I'm leaning towards but he seems to have it maintained good and no issues with it . But I can't see it run untill I buy it and buy a new stator. Tbats even if I buy the bike

When you said cheap I thought you meant like 300-500 not 1000 thats way too much for that bike especially in non running condition, the bike was an under achiever when it was new back in 04 with overheating and valve problems to boot so it will most definitely put you at a disadvantage in 2014 choose wisely!

When you said cheap I thought you meant like 300-500 not 1000 thats way too much for that bike especially in non running condition, the bike was an under achiever when it was new back in 04 with overheating and valve problems to boot so it will most definitely put you at a disadvantage in 2014 choose wisely!

Thanks for the help! I'll keep looking!