Sign in to follow this  

Klx 250

I'm having a real hard time deciding on what my next bike is going to be. I need something that fits all of my needs and be the right price.

What I need in a bike:

1. Decent power

2. Decent suspension (at least enough to go on a small track)

3.not too heavy/ good control

4. Not very quiet but not too loud..

5. I need to be able to street legalize it next summer

I was looking towards the wr250fs but my father said of I get a newer klx 250 he will pay half of it.

Let's say I remove the signal lights and chain guard and other heavy items until next year when I can get my license, how much lighter would it be? Would it match up my list?

I'm 5'7 140 pounds and I've been riding for a few years now. I just came off an rm100 and I know this would be a downgrade but it seems like it's an ideal bike for me since I can put it on the road next year.

One more question... How do these bikes, if given the right mods compare to a ttr/ crf 230.

Thanks

I'm having a real hard time deciding on what my next bike is going to be. I need something that fits all of my needs and be the right price.

What I need in a bike:

1. Decent power

2. Decent suspension (at least enough to go on a small track)

3.not too heavy/ good control

4. Not very quiet but not too loud..

5. I need to be able to street legalize it next summer

I was looking towards the wr250fs but my father said of I get a newer klx 250 he will pay half of it.

Let's say I remove the signal lights and chain guard and other heavy items until next year when I can get my license, how much lighter would it be? Would it match up my list?

I'm 5'7 140 pounds and I've been riding for a few years now. I just came off an rm100 and I know this would be a downgrade but it seems like it's an ideal bike for me since I can put it on the road next year.

One more question... How do these bikes, if given the right mods compare to a ttr/ crf 230.

Thanks

i know In fact on the klx 250 you can put the 351 big bore kit from the klx 300 the pumper carb and bunch of other crazy heavy mods on this bike because it came from the klx 300 which is a full blown enduro dirt bike, where as the klx 250 is a dual sport bike, would I take it to the the track, no, it's not meant for that, it's actually a decent trail bike tho, it can handle small jumps for sure, and is pretty good around town I heard, somewhere like 55 mpg, I'm actually looking at the klx300 because it's an actually dirt bike and it can be made street legal too, that an the wr250f I prefer the wr over the klx tho because it can be taken to the track, I hope this info helped you some what