Doctor Enduro Light Kit Experiences - Avoid Them

It is unfortunate that I'm posting a customer review for a light kit that I haven't even received.   After much debate between the Doctor Enduro X2 kit, Enduro Engineering, and SICASS Racing light kits for my 08' KTM 450 XC-F, I choose Doctor Enduro because they offered the unique X2 light kit with dual 35W lights.   

Well, I made the wrong choice.   I am not one to write negative reviews but want to inform others so they can avoid my horrible customer experience. Now if you are willing to wait in the dark for an order without any tracking or order information then you won't have a problem with Doctor Enduro.    

Order Placement:

I ordered the kit on June 5th and now after 8 days, I still haven't received the kit.  Extended shipping / delivery is frustrating but not something I consider completely unreasonable.   Parts go out of stock or go on back order, etc.    Problem is, I'd like to know where my parts are and when I will receive them!    I have a 2 night / 3 day trip planned next week and this kit is critical.   Not light kit, I can't join the group.    Really stinks.

Order Processing:

My bank account was charged almost instantly.   Seems they will withdrawal your funds quickly but are less than motivated to deliver parts.  

My multiple attempts to contact vendor:

I believe the gentleman running Doctor Enduro show is Gus.   You call their number on the site and you will always get a message from Gus stating "all representatives are currently with customers....leave a message and we will return your call."    He makes it appear the company is larger than it is.   Like they have a order processing center full of customer representatives.   I get it.   When you run a business out of your home, you must represent yourself like one of the big boys.    Nothing wrong with that.  I know how that goes as a small business owner with only part-time employees.   

Problem is this.   I've literally called them 4 times now.   I've emailed them 3 times now.  That's every day for the last 3 business days.  I simply want to get a tracking number or have them acknowledge if the parts have even shipped yet!!!!    No responses after 3 days.    ZERO.  ZILCH.  NATA.    This is 110% unacceptable.   I don't care how good the quality of parts, if you can't at least offer some semblance of customer support and AVERAGE logistical management then you should not be running a business like this.  

Recommendation:

I'd love to post a positive review about this vendor but right now all I can say in STAY AWAY!!!   At this point, I'm just praying that my funds will be refunded.   I've taken too much time away from my own business trying to get one single response from them.  

Worse,  I will likely now have to cancel a 3 day riding trip next weekend unless I'm lucky enough to receive a refund quickly.

If the parts magically arrive next week and work well, I will certainly update this post as my intent isn't to bash them.   But right now, I've paid & have no clue if this business is legitimate anymore.    

Not trying to back up the Doc, as I have no clue who this person is, but you said this was a one guy operation. There are sometimes problems with being a one man setup. Maybe the Doc is visiting the Doc as in medical emergency? Maybe even dead. Like I said, I don't know but life, and death, happens. Just throwing it out there. Does he have a good reputation on delivering the goods?

Life does happen to small business owners but as the customer u got a line and once its crossed u deserve an answer or refund. I can think of another small company involved with drz's that was recommended until recently and now is pulling similar stunts. Gotta put ur foot down. Appreciate the warning, i hope u get it worked out OP

Guys,

I have full updates and am not trying to ruin Doctor Enduro.   I do believe they are a legitimate business but suffering from being a very small operation with limited customer support staff and little ability or desire to invest capital in inventory levels.   From my perspective, they are simply acting as a PPS (pick,pack, & ship) middle man.  Really they are providing a kitting service, not so much differentiated or custom products.    For KTMs, most are OEM parts, with different headlight options including the Trail Tech X2.   headlight, etc.   

In the end, I ordered the same parts via 2 vendors but MAGICALLY had them packed & shipped on the same day of my order.   In fact, I ordered my parts yesterday and everything will arrive tomorrow per tracking numbers.   I ordered the X2 headlight & PIAA 35w bulb upgrade from Amazon (thru Trail Tech & PIAA) and a complete kit from SICASS minus the OEM KTM EXC headlight.  My cost?   $350 vs $499.   My shipping times?   ~2-3 day delivery vs ~7-12 days.    Hummmmmmmmmmmm.  

The value they are providing is a one-stop shop.    If only they had items in stock & available for immediate shipping then maybe, just maybe, it might be worth the added cost for the benefit of a one-stop shop.    I'd recommend Enduro Engineering, Trail Tech or best SICASS any day of the year before Enduro Doctor.  Same products, superior shipping & customer support.       

Good news?   The "Doctor" apologized and provided a full refund immediately.   It was not truthful that I "contacted them over the weekend".   I contacted them on Wed, Thurs, and Friday.  They responded on Monday. 

I wish the Doctor luck and hope he can improve his communication and customer support given the competitive nature for these products.   For the pricing, they need to be offering superior service....not inferior.  

"Hi Devin,

Really sorry we missed your calls over the weekend. Please understand that our kits are not shelf items. Each one is custom built per bike. We post that kits take 5-7 days to build, occasionally a few days longer during race season. We take a lot of pride in our product making sure each component is at the highest quality, wired specifically for your bike, and bench tested before it leaves. This take a little time. That said, we hate waiting too. We also ride and hate the idea of any fellow rider missing a trip. We have your kit on the board to be completed and shipped Wednesday. I saw that the order has been halted through paypal. Please let me know how you would like us to proceed. I can issue a full refund right away, or if you would like us to ship please let me know as soon as possible and release the order though paypal. 
Thanks"

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/7/2017 at 10:48 AM, Monk said:

Lol, this is exactly what I'm going through... Damnit! 

Know its another 6-months after your experience, but figured ill add to the pile.
He sold me a trailtech blue case which is no longer in production, gave me a cocknbull story for a week and then said he would cancel order and issue a refund. 60 days later, still no refund and refuses to answer any calls, emails, or paypal escalations. Paypal advised he has numerous complains and disputes filed... wish i did more research before sending him my hard earned money as an interest free loan! :banghead:

• Like 1

Know its another 6-months after your experience, but figured ill add to the pile.
He sold me a trailtech blue case which is no longer in production, gave me a cocknbull story for a week and then said he would cancel order and issue a refund. 60 days later, still no refund and refuses to answer any calls, emails, or paypal escalations. Paypal advised he has numerous complains and disputes filed... wish i did more research before sending him my hard earned money as an interest free loan! :banghead:

Thank you, I was just trying to source a red one. Moving on

Sent from my SM-G930V using ThumperTalk mobile app

• 4 months later...