Sign in to follow this  

98 KX125 comp clutch replacement help

Good evening,

I need some quick help gents. I'm trying to replace my comp clutch or clutch release lever and my service manual hasn't been delivered yet. Based on info using the search function it appears I disconnect cable and it should pull out. By looking at the part it looks like it needs to be rotated towards the rear of the bike and pulled out. Can someone in the manual or in the know help me out? Sorry if this is confusing but I'm new to riding and Thumper Talk and may not be speaking the right lingo. Thanks for the help in advance!

Joe

Sorry for the 976 posts about the same topic. It said it couldn't post but evidently did...over and over.

Try to spin it around and pull it in diff positions. You can pull the right side pretty easy though..

Thanks bud.  I saw in another forum that it just pulled out but mine didn't seem like it just wanted to pull out and I didn't want to force it.  Thanks for the assistance I'll go give it a go.

It's part 13102. I tried pulling it out in different positions but haven't put the stank on it. Any known tricks?

It's part 13102. I tried pulling it out in different positions but haven't put the stank on it. Any known tricks?[/quote

Did you pull apart the clutch first? I know on my 250, the way it actuates is a long actuator rod that sits right inside that arm you speak of. Its attached to a bearing underneath the outer portion of the clutch hub. However, I don't see it in the diagram.

Lethal Weapon.  I didn't try disassembling the clutch.  My manual was delivered in the mail today and it says to just pull it out, you don't even have to open it up.  I'm not sure why but the dang thing doesn't just pull out like the manual says.

Lethal Weapon. I didn't try disassembling the clutch. My manual was delivered in the mail today and it says to just pull it out, you don't even have to open it up. I'm not sure why but the dang thing doesn't just pull out like the manual says.

Does it really say just pull it right out? That doesnt seem quite right. Well, i dont know about WD40 on it, because I dont know where it would go if it got in the case. I can't really reccomend prying it up either at risk of cracking something...we need a 2nd opinion. Wheres Sappers/Jeekinz when you need them? :confused:

Lethal Weapon,

It does say just to remove it from the engine.  The only thing it says to remove is the carb for clearance I'm sure.  I'm wondering if I have to pull the seal out first but it doesn't mention anything other than greasing the clutch arm where it rubs on the arm.  I really appreciate you trying to help a FNG.

Can you quickly explain how Blackwoodz? The manual isn't a big help.  I appreciate all the help gents.  Happy Father's Day if it's applicable!

Can you quickly explain how Blackwoodz? The manual isn't a big help. I appreciate all the help gents. Happy Father's Day if it's applicable!

Let me get on the computer and do some research on this. Im on my phone right now. Ill look up some schematics

Can you quickly explain how Blackwoodz? The manual isn't a big help. I appreciate all the help gents. Happy Father's Day if it's applicable!

Happy fathers day to you, if applicable, of course.

Anyway, it looks like you'll have to take the clutch apart and get that actuator rod out. Confident in doing that or need help?

It does apply thanks. I've only owned the bike for a month and never opened one up before. I'll take a look in the manual and see how much gun it will be.

*Fun not gun

Its quite simple you pull the clutch cover off and the inner hub of the clutch needs to be removed and in it is a bearing that the rod goes into. Once the hub is off the rod will slide out and the arm will easily slide out. If you remove the plates they must go back in in exactly the order they are removed...