Sign in to follow this  

xr250 front sprocket guard

Does anyone know where I can find a front sprocket guard for an 86 xr250?  I just finished rebuilding the motor on  an XR that was a basket case and haven't been able to locate this final item.  I haven't been able to find on ebay.  Bike bandit and 'thumper store' show the item as unavailable new.  Any help is greatly appreciated.   

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have been looking for one for my 1990 and the part numbers are different on most all the years. The part it self is the exact same up to 95? that I have looked at, down to 86. And there seems to be ZERO of them.

Well, im pretty sure they are all the same, even the xr200's etc up to 04, from what i have been looking at on the internet. I will purchase a 1996 OEM xr250r one off ebay right now and see if it works  :ride:

Edited by Manlaw

I'll be interested to find out if they 1996 on works for an 86.  I have two 86's and one has the gaurd.  I am a machinist type with a milling machine and am thinking about building one.  A lot of work for what it is -- sure would like to find one.