Sign in to follow this  

2000 RM 250

I picked up a super clean low hour 00 recently. It hardly has any wear on the frame or side covers. It has an fmf fatty with a shorty silencer and it drinks gas. Seems to be jetted good as it sounds crisp, starts easy and does not foul plugs. As soon as I got it i serviced the front and rear suspension and put a new throttle cable and front pads on. The suspension is pretty awful. The shock is bouncy on the trails and the forks are super stiff. I put 285 ml in the outer chambers and then took 100 ml of that out to try and soften it. I can't decide what to do with it. Its so darn cool looking I may just leave my paddle on it and ride it at the dunes. If i ride it off road it's going to need some serious suspension work. Also there is no slipping the clutch, all or nothing, very grabby. I would like to hear from some of you 99 and 00 owners on what you think and anyone else for that matter. Thanks.

0528141338.jpg

Edited by barryh

Did you play with the clickers on the forks and shock? Also if you are a clutch abuser you should get a hinson clutch basket and inner hub. Very good replacemt as suzukis are rough on clutches.

Yes i got the shock as good as it will get changing the clickers and the forks i put all the way soft but still super stiff. I am thinking it needs to go to factory connection of I keep it :)

Nice bike, you mind if I ask how much you got it for?

Nice bike, you mind if I ask how much you got it for?

I talked the kid down from 1350 to 1000 and i have put about 200 in it so far. I almost wish i would have held out for an older one with conventional forks. I think they might of been better for off road. I am going to take it to the dunes and i may like the stiff forks there just fine.

You got a good deal on er

I talked the kid down from 1350 to 1000 and i have put about 200 in it so far. I almost wish i would have held out for an older one with conventional forks. I think they might of been better for off road. I am going to take it to the dunes and i may like the stiff forks there just fine.

bro, if your close to ky ive got a great set of 49mm conventional forks with gold valves and stiffer springs(plus a set of stock springs)id love to swap for usd forks. Mine are rebuilt last week and work great for woods. I like how usd forks look lol.here they are on the bike:

2014-06-03 19.36.48.jpg

Edited by Rancher420

bro, if your close to ky ive got a great set of 49mm conventional forks with gold valves and stiffer springs(plus a set of stock springs)id love to swap for usd forks. Mine are rebuilt last week and work great for woods. I like how usd forks look lol.here they are on the bike:

Sorry Rancher 420 I live in OK. I have decided to try and sell it to get a small utility quad. Your bike looks good by the way.