Sign in to follow this  

07 RMZ250 issues running

Hey all I have a friend with this bike he left It sitting for 6 months and now itl only go with hotstart held in then revving but if u let It go below 3000 rpm it dies and is a bastard 2 even get it started. Cleaned plug but thats it. Cud this be carby ?

Hey all I have a friend with this bike he left It sitting for 6 months and now itl only go with hotstart held in then revving but if u let It go below 3000 rpm it dies and is a bastard 2 even get it started. Cleaned plug but thats it. Cud this be carby ?

A kid in my neighborhood just came by last night and knocked on my door. His pit bike was acting up, the symptoms were akin to ur buddy's bike.

So I disassembled his carburetor, the jets were clogged terribly and yet this kid rides the bike all the time!! It's that ObamaGas pumped full of ethanol, which brakes down and gums up everything. His bike runs perfectly now.

Ohk il tell him thanks for the replies all!

1 more thing ive only ever worked on 2stroke carbs should I try 2 help him with this carb or make him take it 2 the dealer.

Ohk il tell him thanks for the replies all!

1 more thing ive only ever worked on 2stroke carbs should I try 2 help him with this carb or make him take it 2 the dealer.

Your friends bike should have a keihin FCR carb. I used this website tons of times to clean and rebuild a FCR carb.... http://www.dirtrider.com/features/protips/141_0707_keihin_fcr_carb_rebuild/

• Like 1