Bike Protection

Also bought my missus a KTM 250EXC-F, both bikes come with frame guards which is a bonus.

Dont think the 250 EXC-F comes with a bash plate so thats the first thing to go on the 4 stroke.

Its the first time I've bought a bike or car new, but they had them on a run out deal so couldn't resist!

Now all I need to do is look after them, part of the reason I bough the 2 stroke is so I can work on it myself, not too keen on opening up the 4 stroke though.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1469728658.364520.jpg

First ride with these Powerparts radiator guards and this happened.

The fall wasn't anything epic. Laid the bike down on a technical portion of the trail barely moving. Basically I was at a standstill.

If you're looking for radiator protection I'd stay away from these.

Edited by AAYERON

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1469728658.364520.jpg

The fall wasn't anything epic. Laid the bike down on a technical portion of the trail barely moving. Basically I was at a standstill.

You gotta be kidding me, I put the husky version on my ...husky... like 3 months ago. Ughh! Mine have held up so far but I do not like seeing stuff like that. 

I think its smart and cost effective to basically buy every single bike protection part thats available for your bike.

Full wrap hand guards

Rad guards 

Skid plate

Front and rear rotor guards

Both types of case savers (counter sprocket chain guard & the thin plates that get glued to your covers)

Slave cyl guard for hydro clutched bikes (usually part of the counter sprocket chain guard case saver with KTM & husky)

I also like to rock the frame protector tape where my boots rub. I use the tape mostly for rust prevention... if the paint doesn't wear off or chip and raw metal isn't exposed, it ain't gonna rust. 

Sweet bike! 

My bike has been down a ton almost weekly since 2013, and I've never bought the rad guards because I've never needed them. Ktm has soft mounting points for the rad so they don't break as easily as the jap bikes. I think the ergos of the bike are better for falling as well. The rad guards stick out a bit kind of defeating the purpose of the design imo... The fender wraps around the front of the rad a bit so it doesn't snag. Just another reason Ktm is sick..

Buy the rad guards if you want but you might want to see if your even able to break the rads first. I would be impressed if you did.

Oh and look at the plastic swing arm guards, that's something I wish I did in the beginning

Edited by Casing-daily

What are you guys using in terms of bike protection?

Picking up my 2014 KTM 300 this weekend!

I got these so far:

Hand guards

Hyde exhaust/sump bash plate

Radiator braces, get the KTM powerparts ones?

give it the birds and the bees talk and a box of condoms or birth control.. abstinence keeps your bike from making baby bikes..

• Like 2

Buy the rad guards if you want but you might want to see if your even able to break the rads first. I would be impressed if you did.

I did, bent the right side before purchasing. After purchasing them I thought I was in the clear but that wasn't the case. Personally, I think this specific one is garbage, but hey maybe it was a fluke?

I have been looking into the swing arm protection specifically the chain guard bolt area. I have noticed it gets pretty beat. My last bike had pretty large gashes taken out of it. Bulletproof also makes something to help with that.

• Like 1

I did, bent the right side before purchasing. After purchasing them I thought I was in the clear but that wasn't the case. Personally, I think this specific one is garbage, but hey maybe it was a fluke?

I have been looking into the swing arm protection specifically the chain guard bolt area. I have noticed it gets pretty beat. My last bike had pretty large gashes taken out of it. Bulletproof also makes something to help with that.

Mine has a couple little waves on the outside nothing major. If it doesn't leak coolant or overheat I'd say ur good to go bro.

I don't think there's anything wrong with some little bends. Makes my fender tougher to get on but that's about it

On a side note, friends of mine with kawasakis seem to break radiators all the time and they dump coolant.. They keep buying rads and I tell them they should have spent the money on orange...

Edited by Casing-daily

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1469728658.364520.jpg

Seems legit! Lol

On a side note, friends of mine with kawasakis seem to break radiators all the time and they dump coolant.. They keep buying rads and I tell them they should have spent the money on orange...

wash your mouth out..... :naughty:

• Like 1