Sign in to follow this  

KTM PROBLEMS

this is my second KTM that has broke I love the looks power and speed but they cost to much and always break, I went out on my 2009 ktm450 exc the Bike was perfect it started first time with loads of compression and it was a good days riding but when I began to make my way home I slowed down at a corner the bike cut out and wouldn't start its lost half the compression an when I tryed to kick it, it kept back firing so there is 1 issue I can't work out the other is my own fault I got the bike into the garage and began taking it apart to see what it could be I took the valve cover off it all looked normal I split the chain then took the head off and discovered that like a idiot I didn't get the bike to TDC the piston is now stuck in the bore and won't move it wasn't like that when the engine was together it moved freely and the compression was low any ideas what is causing the bike not to work would be great and if anyone knows why the piston is stuck in the bore that would be great also.

Thanks

bet that never happened to your CR, I'm dang sure glad I kept all my 2-strokes...Roost

Haha the cr is in the garage covered in mud I have been riding it while I fix this and ihave started to rebuild it I know how to assemble it but the engine is way out of time as I had to turn the motor over to get the chain free as it was jammed should I rebuild it and get my mechanic to time it ?

thanks for the advice :)

You didn't put the bike at TDC when you serviced it and it's the bike's/manufacturers's fault? O.......K. Or am I reading your poor grammar incorrectly?

Edited by DR.billZ