Sign in to follow this  

350 rebuild engine noise?

Decided to put a new top end/valve adjustment in my 2012 350xc. At 80hrs. I had the local shop do the work since I had no time. So I call the mechanic yesterday to see if my bike was finished he says yes but says sounds loud, but says that my be the way this particular bike sounds. So I go to pickup my bike and it has a loud knock, so I leave the bike there. So question is. What would cause this. Thanks on advance

Must have messed up the timing. Knocking is NOT good, the motor should make no noises like that. Sounds like the mechanic is not familiar with the process of installing a hydraulic cam chain tensioner. Anyone who says "this is the way this particular bike sounds" shouldn't be trusted.

what brand of piston did they puth in ,and just as tye 1138 say,s , how good know they ktm bike,s

So I stopped by today and he discovered the counter balance shaft had a bearing failure, so that's being replaced. He says he thinks the Wisco timing chain has a different pitch to it. So we're getting a Oem. Frustrating!

And yeah I'm getting a new motor guy!

do you ment wiseco for the chain. i think wiseco use the same brand  chain as prox and this is junk. with this critical piece of part i always use oem .