Sign in to follow this  

Cockpit Modifications (HID Install, USB Charger)

Just thought I'd share some mods that I did to the bike last night.

The guy I bought the bike off had purchased a HID kit but never installed it so I went ahead and did that.  Definitely a tight fitting getting all the wiring to fit under the headlight shroud.

IMG_3997.jpg

I passed My M1 exit test yesterday So i can legally ride at night so I went and tested the light out.  Definitely has to be aimed a lot better.

Next I wanted to add a USB Charger on the bike so that I could charge my phone.  Using the GoPro app and GPS sucks the battery dry pretty quick.  So I CAD'd up a custom mount and sent it to a machine shop to have them cut it out for me.  Unfortunately we don't have a waterjet in my area so they cut it out on a plasma table which left a bit rougher edges.  But it was FREE! So I'm definitely not complaining.  Turned out great!  I added a 12V switch so that I can cut power to the charger.

IMG_3998.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them!

• Like 3

Nice work, really dig how you mounted the HID gear.  Going to order HID for mine soon, will probably use the same setup.

Very nice,  clean work,  you made a really nice bracket,  switch the switch cover to RED and tell errone that its NITROUS.   :smirk:

• Like 2

I'm really liking this idea. Is the usb water proof?

With the cover on, yes it is water proof.  however Im not sure waht would happen if you had something plugged in and were running in the rain.  I think the shroud would protect it enough.