Sign in to follow this  

My bike dies after it goes through a puddle? Please please help!

Hi I have a 07 crf150f it runs really good and all, but whenever I go into water like a puddle it'll die. My bike is electric start and I never ever hand the motor underwater, not even close. But anyways, ill have the bike running and ill spray a little bit of water around the wires on the motor, and I do not see a difference. When I first got it. I saw that water was getting in through the spark plug, which was in bad shape so I just bought a brand new one. Put it in and when I still go through water it dies. I put a little bit of water around the plug and its fine. All sealed up. By yeah Ill go through a puddle and drive like a couple feet away that bike will start to sputter, like it isn't getting a spark anymore than eventually when I lay off the gas it'll just shut off. What the heck is wrong with my bike? Where should I apart water to check next? I really need help with this so Any help would be greatly appreciated!

*where should I spray water to check next?

No spraying water to test.  You should verify that the left side engine cover (ignition cover) has a proper seal, and that water isn't getting in around the wires from the stator...

Edited by Fattonz

No, you should verify that the left side engine cover (ignition cover) has a proper seal, and that water isn't getting in around the wires from the stator...

okay, I'll check later on today, thanks

No spraying water to test. You should verify that the left side engine cover (ignition cover) has a proper seal, and that water isn't getting in around the wires from the stator...

I may not be able to look today, but if its the problem, how may I fix it?

I may not be able to look today, but if its the problem, how may I fix it?

New gasket and grommet....or clean things up and use a good RTV sealant...

Hoses go down behind motor next to swingarm.

The drain hose goes down behind the motor and next to the swingarm ending in a clip on the frame.

The vent hose goes up under the fuel tank ending in a clip on the frame.  This is the important one when riding through water...

:ride: