Sign in to follow this  

Difference: 2 mufflers vs. 1 - Husqvarna TE/TC 610

The dual muffler can be quiter but is also abot 7-9 Lbs heavier. That is a stock 1992-1999 husky muffler setup. They are not worth much here in the states, no desire for heavier bikes.

• Like 1

The dual muffler can be quiter but is also abot 7-9 Lbs heavier. That is a stock 1992-1999 husky muffler setup. They are not worth much here in the states, no desire for heavier bikes.

VERY TRUE ,

the 2001/ 2004 bike has the twin can's with " catalysts" built in,

heavier still..!!,

but possibly good for certain street use applications.

pretty sure UPTITE said the weight was more of a factor than any great performance restriction,

Charlie

VERY TRUE ,

the 2001/ 2004 bike has the twin can's with " catalysts" built in,

heavier still..!!,

but possibly good for certain street use applications.

pretty sure UPTITE said the weight was more of a factor than any great performance restriction,

Charlie

I forgot about the cats being built in the European models those will be even heavier and they also make the engine run way hotter. More reasons to avoid those at any price including free !!

american   market  smr’s  also  had  built in cats in the mufflers. not just  the  euro models.   

american   market  smr’s  also  had  built in cats in the mufflers. not just  the  euro models.   

That muffler system in the picture was from a 1992-1999 husky, no SMRs were imported into the US using that muffler system, in that time frame. The Later modes in the mid 2000s imported into the US would have some for of cats though.

Holy moly! thanks for the super answers!
I have a a bike where the 1992-1999 exhausts fits. I would like a non stock race exhaust. There is NOone for sale in the whole world on Ebay for the old bikes (Or is it just me who don't know how to search properly?)

Do you guys know where I could get a race exhaust for the bike. It does not have to be new. In EU would be best because of import charges. 

I actually bought an old Uptite exhaust on Ebay, imported it from US. to Denmark. When it arrived it was in very very bad condition. I don't think It's worth the time it would take to fix it. (Learned a thing or 2 about asking for >good< pictures and from >all< angles when paying more for shipping and importing then the product there. Well well you learn your whole life)