Sign in to follow this  

California For LA/OC/IE - The John Penton Story showing 7/10/14

I came across this the other day.  If anyone is an old fart, like me, you might recall the glory days of the International Six Day Trials (ISDT) in the 60's and 70's.  This is the story of one of the guys at the center of the American effort to win the trophy and develop a competitive KTM bike to do the job.

Check out the trailer here:

This is very limited release film being hosted by local supporters.  There's a young lady named Heather N. Wilson who's

hosting the film at the following location on Thursday, July 10 at 7:30pm:

Irvine Market Place Theater

13782 Jamboree Road

Irvine, CA

Here's the link to her page with some additional info.  Go to the bottom right of her page to "Moto Corner"

And finally, here's a link where you can purchase the tickets - only $15 a head:

There is another screening in Brea on Monday, June 23 but I can't make it to that one as I'm having heart surgery next Wednesday and I don't think I'll quite be back on my feet by then but should be by July 10.  It'd be great if we could get a local contingent out to see the film at either location.  I don't think anyone who's into motorcycles will be disappointed.  I'll be going with my wife, Sue and my sons, Chris and Kyle.

I just reserved tickets for the four of us this morning.  This brings the total reserved to 32.  They need to reserve at least 64 to reach the "tipping point" to insure the the showing will take place.  You won't be charged until the minimum is reached and obviously not at all if it is not.  This minimum quota needs to be reached by June 25, so if you're going to go, please order your tickets soon and also please spread the word to other friends and forums to insure that we will all be able to see the film.  I'd hate to miss seeing this by only a couple of tickets.

Hope to see you there,

Gary

Edited by phalcon51
  • Like 1