Sign in to follow this  

DRz's: Old SM vs. New SM... Differences?

Question...

As a previous DRz 400SM owner...  I see Suzuki brought them back!  (Yes, I have been living on another planet...  )  Anyway...  Are there any major differences between old and new SM models?  Or are they the same old "pet rock" bikes I knew in the past?

Question...

As a previous DRz 400SM owner...  I see Suzuki brought them back!  (Yes, I have been living on another planet...  )  Anyway...  Are there any major differences between old and new SM models?  Or are they the same old "pet rock" bikes I knew in the past?

same bike just different colors.  over the years they make small tweaks to things but nothing to write home about.  I don't think they changed anything other than bringing the blue rims to the US market.

Find an E that someone has already motard'd (like mine) and you'll have those major differences. (improvements)

Find an E that someone has already motard'd (like mine) and you'll have those major differences. (improvements)

I tried to sell My S with all the right mods, sm and dirt wheels and nobody would bite.  I had it as low as $3500.  In the end i made about $4500 by selling off parts and selling the bike stock.  Amazing someone paid me $2500 for the bike in dirt trim nearly stock...  But yes i would have started with a tagged E knowing what i know now.

Agreed on finding a plated "E".  However...  Around these parts, finding one would be like that needle in the hay stack.  Even the used "S" models are quite rare.  To say nothing about used SM models.  I found both SM's and S's new...  But not one "E" anywhere.  So...  A SM model is in my future.