Sign in to follow this  

Buying and selling dirt bikes what's the market like in your area

Are used bikes moving in your area I see lots of bikes for sale and trying to sell a few myself is anybody buying I see ads on Facebook with a bunch of comments but no deals seem to get done or people get low ball offers and trade offers what's going on?

Price is key. appearance is also. If you can have a better priced and better looking bike it will sell

I tried selling one recently and got lots of trade offers, a few low ball offers, and only one legitimate offer. In the end I decided to just keep it.

Mike do you happen to ride at Jandeburs?

I haven't heard of it, where is it located? I ride mostly in eastern OK and western AR.

Oh its in olkmulgee it's a great track funny enough I have a friend that's 50 or so that is named Mike that lives in Ok

Seems like bikes are priced fairly priced here, but not a huge selection. Not like 3-6 years ago, tons available and panic pricing.

Mike

I just moved to the omaha, NE over a year ago, not much of a used bike market out here. Most bikes I do see on craigslist around here are pretty roached and people are asking way too much, or they are really old (15 years +) and people are asking way to much for them.(example- 1996 cr250, 2300...clean bike but still). Out here buying a new bike would be your best option, unless you wanna drive 3hrs plus.....i was gonna sell my bike when we first moved because i wasnt riding it, so i listed it....07 crf450, spotless, all ready for track and trail, 2700.....i had about 15 text/emails the first day, had a guy show up with 2500 cash in hand and i couldnt sell it...glad i didnt, a year later after my family and i got settled in i have been riding the $h!t outta it, even met some new riding buddies that live down the street from me.

Edited by itsallbizz
  • Like 1

I live in CA and there are plenty of bikes for sale. If you are talking CL it is king for elevated prices and low ball offers. A nice bike @ a fair price will sell it just takes sifting through the beaters first. Green sticker bikes sell better this time of the year. Trail bikes seem to sell easier ie. WR's, CRF-X, EXC etc. Husqvarna, Husaberg & exotics just sit.

Most sellers here on CL want way too much.  The ones that are priced fairly sell quick.  Last year I was looking at bikes and kept running into flakes.  A 1 or 2 year old bike and they had lost the title or certificate of origin already.  A few days ago I sold a bike to a friend for less then I could have on CL just because I didn't feel like going through all the bullshit.  You always get low ball offers, scammers and people wanting to trade a POS boat or other crap you don't want.   

• Like 1