Sign in to follow this  

Does my inner clutch hub need replacing?

I was having a couple clutch problems so I decided to take it apart

Outer hub looks fine, but what about the inner hub? I don't think it needs replacing.

Also, on the pressure plate (that goes on top of the whole clutch) there is a crack, does that need replacing as well?

Happy riding

1402790038721.jpg

1402790089629.jpg

1402790114809.jpg

1402790137804.jpg

So i was tearing the bikes clutch assembly apart and noticed that there was slight grooving in the inner clutch hub.  It looks much worse in the pictures.  Do i need to replace it? I dont think its that bad but this is the first time I'm doing it.

Also, the pressure plate on top kinda has a bit of cracking on certain spots

Should I be concerned by this?  Does it needs replacing? Thanks for anyone who helps

20140614_184833.jpg

20140614_184848.jpg

20140614_184914.jpg

20140614_184927.jpg

So i was tearing the bikes clutch assembly apart and noticed that there was slight grooving in the inner clutch hub.  It looks much worse in the pictures.  Do i need to replace it? I dont think its that bad but this is the first time I'm doing it.

Also, the pressure plate on top kinda has a bit of cracking on certain spots

Should I be concerned by this?  Does it needs replacing? Thanks for anyone who helps

Better to replace the PP than have it grenade in the engine. If you can catch your finger nail on the hub indentations that should be replaced as well.

• Like 1

The pressure plate is done. There is so much hear build up that I wouldn't risk it. If you feel the grooves on the inner hub it is done as well. They just don't last all that long

I was having a couple clutch problems so I decided to take it apart

Outer hub looks fine, but what about the inner hub? I don't think it needs replacing.

Also, on the pressure plate (that goes on top of the whole clutch) there is a crack, does that need replacing as well?

Happy riding

I wouldnt change the inner unless you can feel them. Even then you can file them smooth one time before needing a new one. That pressure plate on the othere hand would make me nervous...Almost looks like a repair of some kind.

The clutch hub has a lot of life left in it. Can't see the cracks in the pressure plate, but if it's cracked get a new one. They're pretty cheap cost wise.

I wouldnt change the inner unless you can feel them. Even then you can file them smooth one time before needing a new one. That pressure plate on the othere hand would make me nervous...Almost looks like a repair of some kind.

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking

Like someone sanded it down a bit. There's another spot like that as well

Thank you everybody who replied!

Thanks everybody who replied!

I think i have a pressure plate from a 2013 that was changed out with less then 10  hours if your intrested. Not sure what a new one cost. I bought a box of parts from a friend who swithched to 2-stroke yamahas and it was in there along with a inner hub. I think he put a billet one in

I think i have a pressure plate from a 2013 that was changed out with less then 10 hours if your intrested. Not sure what a new one cost. I bought a box of parts from a friend who swithched to 2-stroke yamahas and it was in there along with a inner hub. I think he put a billet one in

I'd love one! If you don't mind I happily take it off your hands

Just +1 on the hub and basket, they look great.  Not at all sure what happened to that pressure plate, but sounds like you found a solution!

I'd love one! If you don't mind I happily take it off your hands

Let me see if i can find it and make sure it looks good. I have not looked at it since i bought it. Also are you in a hurry????Cause im leaving for Mammoth National on wensday for 10 days.  Pm your address so i can figure out what shipping cost.