Sign in to follow this  

4th gear input shaft issue? 13/14 models.

Has anyone else had to replace the 4th gear input shaft on their 13/14 models?

I recently sent my bike in for a full motor rebuild. (hot rods crank,wiseco piston, oem valves). 

The mechanic said the 4th gear input shaft is worn.   

I purchased the bike brand new and its got 75hrs on it. I replaced top end at 32hrs. 

It's not a big issue, I'm not too worried as besides that this bike has been an excellent bike. 

I haven't got the bike back yet as he had to order the part from america as their were none in Australia however it

will be interesting to see how well the original bottom held up and valves, seeing as they had 70hrs on them.

Ive always used fully sythenic oil and changed it every 3-4hrs with the oil filter. 

I was seeing if it was a common  problem on the 250f? 

Thanks Jack. 

Has anyone else had to replace the 4th gear input shaft on their 13/14 models?

I recently sent my bike in for a full motor rebuild. (hot rods crank,wiseco piston, oem valves).

The mechanic said the 4th gear input shaft is worn.

I purchased the bike brand new and its got 75hrs on it. I replaced top end at 32hrs.

It's not a big issue, I'm not too worried as besides that this bike has been an excellent bike.

I haven't got the bike back yet as he had to order the part from america as their were none in Australia however it

will be interesting to see how well the original bottom held up and valves, seeing as they had 70hrs on them.

Ive always used fully sythenic oil and changed it every 3-4hrs with the oil filter.

I was seeing if it was a common problem on the 250f?

Thanks Jack.

never heard of this issue.

how about defining worn. I don't see how an input shaft can get worn.

I wonder if he &%$#@!ed something up while taking it apart and is trying to hide his mistake.