Sign in to follow this  

D★~n Gremlins OK, 05 S carb probs

Howdy, I have an 05 S model with 6000 miles. I got the bike a few months ago. Have been ridding it but it hasn't been running good because it came from Colorado originally with 3x3 hole done. I put a DG slip on the other day and rejetted today with jd. 160 blue #4, #25. I also got the kientech fuel screw. But it's still not running right. Is there anyone in OK that has found the sweet spot?

Whats your altitude? Those settings are pretty rich for a stock header and slip on.  Give 155 main jet and blue need 3rd clip a try.

Whats your altitude? Those settings are pretty rich for a stock header and slip on. Give 155 main jet and blue need 3rd clip a try.

+1

and then I'm never 100% sure but it seems that you want the stock pilot jet with the extended screw - I unfortunately didn't get the screw so don't know - try searching a bit on the forum for info

I would even bet a 150 main would be better. I'm running 155 3rd clip blue needle stock screw is 2.5 turns with a full rs2 and 3x3. You also may have other issues from before the re jet. Did the bike run good before?

the slip on doesn't affect jetting because the header is the main restriction for the exhaust.

For under 3,000ft you will want, 155, blue 3rd, 22.5, with the fuel screw 2.75 turns out

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies. My elevation is around 500 to 1500. And no the bike was already running rough. I forgot to say in my original post that it had a jet kit in it already. That I'm sure worked awesome in Colorado but not here. But it seems the census is 155,possibly 150 blue #3,#22.5. So I guess I'll tear back into it an throw that in there. And I'll let yall know. Another thing is why is the blue needle so popular? I about threw the red needle in there the first time just because on jd's directions it says for over 75 degrees go with the red one but I guess thats supposed to be for high altitude too? Thanks again fellas.

Okay I put the 155 in blue #3, 22.5 and 2.5 turns out on the screw. It feels really good and pulls through all gears. But there's this bug that I feel at like a constant speed at half throttle in every gear. I don't know how to explain it, its like a choking. And if I romp on it from half throttle. Can someone help me with this? Does the needle clip position have something to do with half throttle in the circuit? I have been reading on here all day and I'm just trying to get some clarity.

Yeah, like bill dirt said try clip #4.

Just to you know for needle changes there is no need to remove the carb, just loosen the clamps and rotate it. Then you will have access to to the top of the carb and can change the needle clip position.

• Like 1