Sign in to follow this  

Anyone with KTM frame grip tape?

Anybody out there use the KTM frame grip tape instead of the stock frame guards? I would like to get a set but looks like you wouldn't get more than a few rides out of them before tearing up. Seems like they would tear your boots/pants up also. The bikes just look so good without the guards. Just seeing if anyone has tried them.

thats awesome Bigdummy, im going to try it aswell, they look sic ! 

Do you think skateboard grip tape would work ok?

• Like 1

thats awesome Bigdummy, im going to try it aswell, they look sic ! 

Do you think skateboard grip tape would work ok?

That's actually a good shout , I have frame guards on already but still manage to scuff the frame , I have some carbon fibre wrap knocking about might put that on under the guard .

Skateboard grip tape will work also,if you buy the ktm grip tape save the sheet that they come on ,that way you can use it to help cut the pattern for the grip tape you get later.Some guys are alot harder on it then others.mine looked bad after a few rides,but they clean up and look good.I'm just going too get a few sets to last the year.I will never go back to the guards unless the make then thinner.

Anybody out there use the KTM frame grip tape instead of the stock frame guards? I would like to get a set but looks like you wouldn't get more than a few rides out of them before tearing up. Seems like they would tear your boots/pants up also. The bikes just look so good without the guards. Just seeing if anyone has tried them.

I've tried Ktm frame tape and skateboard grip tape and neither last more than a Moto or two. Simply the current available tapes require very frequent replacement.

Got one moto on my frame grip tape. Used Nihilo first then KTM, feel like they're made from the same material. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1405227631.443057.jpg

Needless to say, I decided to quit wasting my money and got these orange plastic guards.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1405227702.592306.jpg

• Like 1

got a new set of KTM frame grips and a sheet of skateboard grip tape if anyone is interested. $20 plus shipping