Sign in to follow this  

Raptor 660 leaking oil

Okay so any help would be appreciated.

I have a 2001 raptor 660. Bored to a 686 with a cp 12:1 high comp. piston.

I have an over sized oil tank and when I fill it up, or if it's ran hard oil will just blow out of the crankcase breather.

I've been reading on other forums and they say it could be bad rings ect. But I have all brand new parts so it can't be that.

Could it be that one of the oil lines are clogged or something? Idk what it is, but you can put a whole quart in and within 5 mins of running it'll blow it all out. It's like it only runs good when there is only oil in the crankcase and none in the actually oil tank.

The person who works on my bike says If you run it too hard for long periods it'll do that because of too much pressure "blowback". But now it's doing it and I haven't even ran it hard I just topped my oil tank off.

Did u line up the rings right. Check your seals on your valves they might be leaking.

All the work was done in jan. I would assume they are still good. Only rode it maybe 5-7 times at the most.

I had a Raptor 700. Put in a big bore kit. 13:1 Compression. Ran good for couple times. Then started spitting oil out the oil tank. Ended up being the valve seals.

I have a LTR 450. It was spitting oil out the oil tank. But it was because I put to much oil in it.

I had a Raptor 700. Put in a big bore kit. 13:1 Compression. Ran good for couple times. Then started spitting oil out the oil tank. Ended up being the valve seals.

I have a LTR 450. It was spitting oil out the oil tank. But it was because I put to much oil in it.

It doesn't spit it out the oil tank its just like whenever I fill the tank up or run it hard all the oil will come out the crank case breather.

Ran it yesterday, out the drive way, down the road maybe .2miles and back in the yard all the oil just pouring out of the crankcase breather.

Are all the hoses hooked up where they should go.

Yup, I'm pretty sure everthing is where it's supposed to be.

It'll still idle and run fine, just blows oil everywhere. Pretty much everytime you ride it, it gets a oil change.

For anyone who may have this problem down the road, it was the oil pump. It was locked up. All the oil was just down in the crankcase.

I had an oil pump lock up on me on a z400 after a drain plug repair on the oil tank and the little tab that breaks of the heli coil I couldn't retrieve and I let it go because I couldn't imagine the system not having some kind of screen like every other oil pickup and it got thru and jammed in there. lunched that motor. oops. crank piston cylinder  oil pump time. yay. ate that one

Edited by MrMotorhed