USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Kxf Showa forks preload adjustment pre 2011. Not the SFF type

Hi,

I've been checking the preload / sag on my kxf 250 2010. When checking the preload on the forks, the difference between free sag ( on stand) and weighted sag ( me on it) was 50mm. In the manual it says this should be 70mm +- 5mm. I think this is why my bike is really harsh. How do I adjust the preload on the forks? When I research this all I can find is how to adjust the SFF forks which are on the post 2010 models. The bikes standard, and the springs are the correct ones for my weight (12.5 stone, 175 pounds). Please help. Thanks. Martin

Hi,

I've been checking the preload / sag on my kxf 250 2010. When checking the preload on the forks, the difference between free sag ( on stand) and weighted sag ( me on it) was 50mm. In the manual it says this should be 70mm +- 5mm. I think this is why my bike is really harsh. How do I adjust the preload on the forks? When I research this all I can find is how to adjust the SFF forks which are on the post 2010 models. The bikes standard, and the springs are the correct ones for my weight (12.5 stone, 175 pounds). Please help. Thanks. Martin

there is no pre laid adjustment on your forks. If it's to harsh soften compression or re spring with a lighter springs

That be why I can't find owt on how to adjust then :D but still, it doesn't explain why the sag is out of spec with the manual. Think best thing to do then is getting them professionally serviced and checked out. Thanks for the info.

I work towards 55mm sag for mx ,70 is for woods riding only

There's no real way for the user to adjust preload on these forks. If you want less preload you need to essentially make the spring seat shorter.

I usually machine 2-5mm off depending on the application and spring length.

If you didnmt have a lathe you could get 485mm springs and then use spacers to set desired preload.

Hi,

Martin,

Just wondering where you found your information, owners manual or shop manual?

Thanks,

LSHD