Reeds Fathers Day comments.

Anybody watch that interview where he said RV2 looks miserable? Something about making millions of dollars and hating life. Dude is always good for a cool interview.

I think he was just trying to make himself feel better honestly. He certainly speaks his mind but I think he'd trade all the hard work RV is putting in right now if he could get the same results. Notice how he said he wouldn't keep riding back there for long? Well that may mean he needs to call it quits soon, and yes I do know he rode better yesterday, could he get back to form? Maybe, but one more injury and it'll be even harder to do mentally, physically, and financially. 

• Like 1

Anybody watch that interview where he said RV2 looks miserable? Something about making millions of dollars and hating life. Dude is always good for a cool interview.

Its true, the guy is an unhappy grump at the races. 

• Like 3

The only time I think I've seen RV legit happy in the last few years is when he lead the MXDN team to victory the last time we won. After seeing what happened to his family, I can definitely see why he'll happily walk away from racing for good.

• Like 2

Y'all are missing the big picture, RV is depressed for one reason when he is not in the motocross environment he is what he is, just another GINGER.  He knows he has peaked and needs to get out the door before it hits him in the butt patch. Another thought it might have something to do with him being the best professional motocrosser in the USA and realizing he still ain't that famous or popular.  Just another ginger but with some cash.  Can't you see Gingers have NO soul.

• Like 1

or just focused as a laser.

Both is my guess. You don't win that much without focus.

A friend of mine works at Oakley and another at Thor and Ive had the opportunity to talk and be around him at length,  when he's away from the races he is funny and personable guy. 

• Like 1

A friend of mine works at Oakley and another at Thor and Ive had the opportunity to talk and be around him at length,  when he's away from the races he is funny and personable guy. 

He seems like a nice guy to me, he doesn't interview well and I know that angers some folks but who cares. I always notice during his interviews he says (I can't think, monster, pc, blah blah) yet he never, ever throws the word "enough" in there. He wants to say he can't thank them enough but he just says he can't thank them which is hilarious to me. Anyway I digress.

A friend of mine works at Oakley and another at Thor and Ive had the opportunity to talk and be around him at length, when he's away from the races he is funny and personable guy.

Would that friend at Oakley be 2uptite?
  • Like 1

We all know that Reed doesn't interview well unless he is on top of the box...."few of us can ride and setup bikes and push them to the limits" ~moto4.... He sounds like an arrogant Dbag when he talks.  He never hesitates to say "back when i was making millions" etc etc.  There are a handful of guys that know how to interview and he isn't one of them.  Think that has anything to do with him not getting a ride? ?