HELP! CURSED KDX CARB!

HELP! Long story short, my H-Series KDX200 carb is cursed. It doesn't matter what level the floats are at, they leak. I have tried adjusting them a dozen times, cleaned the needle seating surface, made sure that it's a brand new float needle, and it still pisses gas under the bike. I'm about finished with this carb.  Going on an enduro trip in less than a week and I can't get my carb to work correctly no matter what I do! I'm looking for an H-Series 200 carb with 1174 needle and #5 slide. I'm in a jam and need to get it on the bike this week. I will even take it on loan if anyone has an extra one kicking around, and send it back after next weekend. I have a carb here that I would GLADLY get rid of in exchange for yours.

Well, it's definitely not the floats, but I'm going to replace them anyway. However, I played with the float needle spring loaded actuator and at first it stuck a few times. I kept working and and it all of a sudden sprung free and bounced up and down when pressed and released. Maybe it had a tiny piece of dirt in there, or the spring was twisted slightly and needed to break free? I'm not holding a parade until it's back on the bike.

Jeff Fredette said to make sure the KIPS is working properly. Does anyone know how to go about doing that?

Well, it's definitely not the floats, but I'm going to replace them anyway. However, I played with the float needle spring loaded actuator and at first it stuck a few times. I kept working and and it all of a sudden sprung free and bounced up and down when pressed and released. Maybe it had a tiny piece of dirt in there, or the spring was twisted slightly and needed to break free? I'm not holding a parade until it's back on the bike.

Jeff Fredette said to make sure the KIPS is working properly. Does anyone know how to go about doing that?

Gas leaking out is fault of the KIPS? How?

Not too sure about the seats on these bikes but I've had one leak from around the threads of the seat...something to look into.

Interesting. I'll have to see if the seat is removable.

UPDATE: It is removable, but would have to be tapped to remove and replaced with a brand new one. I'll try to polish and clean it, but something tells me it might be leaking from around the needle seat. What a pain in the ass.

Edited by Professor XR

It has become apparent that an ineffective KIPS operation is causing my low end loss in power. I unscrewed the round cap next to the resonator cover and watched for movement of the little circular cam as I revved the bike. No movement at all. I pulled the pipe and put a 10mm on the cam and turned it gently. I could see the little KIPS "paw" move back and forth as I rotated the cam, so it looks like everything is in working order there.

Here's my question--is the problem underneath the right side cover? Will I have to take it off and check to see if it's not engaging from the crank gear? Is there a way to take the right side cover off without pulling the engine out of the frame?

T-three days until the big enduro trip... icon_jook.gif

UPDATE: I think I didn't align the KIPS paw correctly. I went and fixed that, but the KIPS system is sticky and doesn't function smoothly at all. Any suggestions?
Edited by Professor XR