Sign in to follow this  

Jetting issue

I just bought a 2013 drz400 s a month ago and just this week installed the fmf power bomb header and power core 4 silencer, I also bought a dynojet jet kit (stage One I believe) the directions provided with the kit were not very helpful. It recommended that I change the main jet to a 134. Anyway once I put it back together and started there was a dead spot in the throttle, and it stalls out on me at higher rpms and when I first crack the throttle. Any advice would be awesome.

Where is the dead spot in the rpm range or what are you doing when this happens?

It is when you are at idle and you rev the engine it cuts out and sometimes stalls

Before I did the 3x3 I had Dyno Jet Stage 1, with the same exhaust you have.  Ended up with 140mj (dj) / clip #4 / 25 pj / 2.75 turns out.

Edited by billdirt1
  • Like 2

It is when you are at idle and you rev the engine it cuts out and sometimes stalls

Are you free revving it, or is this under load? 

Only worry about how it reacts while under load, how it reacts while free revving is not an indication of proper/improper jetting.

Well it happens both ways under load and free reving. @billdirt1 what did you end up with after the 3x3 mod that will be my next step

Well it happens both ways under load and free reving. @billdirt1 what did you end up with after the 3x3 mod that will be my next step

2002 DRZ400S : Stock piston & compression / 3x3 (11 sq. in.) / FMF Power Bomb /

: Power Core 4 (un-corked) / Stage 1 HotCams / TwinAir / JD Jet Kit.

175 main jet

Blue needle # 5

25 pilot jet

2.875 turns out

Now I have a FCR39 Slant (Sudco)

160 mj

EMM # 3

45 pj

2 turns out

100 paj

200 maj

Edited by billdirt1