Sign in to follow this  

legal 501

just wondering if these were able to be made legal, I'm looking for a duelsport and it looks like I have a choice of an XR or KTM, just seein whats out there, thanks, Roost

You can make most legal, but some models are easier than others to do so. What bikes are you looking at? Used? New?

Wait till August. Should be a 350/500 around then

You can make most legal, but some models are easier than others to do so. What bikes are you looking at? Used? New?

new, live in Texas, so far it looks like the choices are kinda slim for an open bike. The XR of coarse, which is looking better all the time ( price and dependability ) then the KTM500, and maybe a Husky if its not to bad to make legal. If you look at my sig you"ll see I'm used to having a bit of power, the KTM looks badass I just don't want to be working on it much, which from what I"ve read and heard is part of it. I intend to just cruise around town, no highway use at all, thanks for any input...Roost

The KTM comes legal, the Husqvarna also is legal FE501. I ride a Berg 570 and the new 501 is on par with the 570. All great bikes and plenty reliable.

Edit : the exc comes legal. The xcw 501 or xc 501 will need a Baja kit.

Edited by 1 lunger
  • Like 1

The KTM comes legal, the Husqvarna also is legal FE501. I ride a Berg 570 and the new 501 is on par with the 570. All great bikes and plenty reliable.

Edit : the exc comes legal. The xcw 501 or xc 501 will need a Baja kit.

I really like those Bergs, that blue is nice, like my IT. I did not realize the Husky was legal, figured it needed a kit, I also looked at the Beta which is legal, tough choice, what do you think...Roost

All great bikes! The beta 520rr is nice, but for me it's the Husaberg (now Husqvarn) that's top pick. FE 501 will make you happy! Ride around town, rip single track or desert racer. It can do it all

Yep, not street legal until 2015 models.

Well that's cool, I bet the 15"s will be out in what, 3 months, it"ll take me that long to make my mind up

If you can get your hands on a 2014 FE501 I'd jump on it ASAP.  Easy job to add a rear brake light actuator for $30 and mount a plate.  My dealer plated mine when I bought it.  Came home with the bike and a plate.  Great bike. 

Here's my 2014 FE501 street legal title.

14492251974_638159ea44_b.jpg
14513656433_cae69e174b_b.jpg
14307077887_1f21fd0e10_b.jpg
14492252404_4f32f8945b_b.jpg

reveille, whats the maintanence like on the Husky, I figure its maybe about the same as the KTM 500EXC, which scares the hell outa me. I don't mind changing oil, cleaning air filter, but much past that I would have to take it to the dealer, that is one beautiful machine man...Roost

If you can get your hands on a 2014 FE501 I'd jump on it ASAP.  Easy job to add a rear brake light actuator for $30 and mount a plate.  My dealer plated mine when I bought it.  Came home with the bike and a plate.  Great bike. 

Here's my 2014 FE501 street legal title.

14492251974_638159ea44_b.jpg

14513656433_cae69e174b_b.jpg

14307077887_1f21fd0e10_b.jpg

14492252404_4f32f8945b_b.jpg

cool thing about this bike is you can beat it to hell and put a couple thousand miles on it and in a couple years sell it for almost what you paid for

First Look: 2015 Husqvarna Dual Sports
By Cycle News Staff | 6/28/2014 1:00 AM

2015 Husqvarna FE 350 S dual sport will be arriving soon!

As mentioned, Husqvarna will be introducing four new models in 2015, two of those being the FE 350 S and FE 501 S dual sport bikes.

According to Husqvarna the dual sport Husky’s are based on the FE 350 and FE 501, the “S” models come equipped with all the accessories you need – and nothing you don’t – to carry a licenseicon1.png plate.

The FE 350 S carries a DOHC four-stroke engine with a heavier crankshaft than its off-road counterpart for improved traction. The FE 501 S is powered by an SOHC four-stroke engine with titanium intake valves and DLC-coated rocker arms, also tuned for improved traction and maximum durability with a three-layer head gasket.

2015HusqvarnaFE501Sweb-1.jpg

2015 Husqvarna FE 501 S dual sport.

The FE 350 S and FE 501 S are equipped with the same premium suspension components as the rest of the FE family – the 4CS WP fork and link-mounted DCC WP shock – but are optimized for the specific demands of dual-sport riding.

The first of the 2015 Husqvarnas should arrive at the dealerships by late summer.

http://www.cyclenews...ual-Sports.aspx