What jet kit to pick?

Hey all new to the DRZ world looking a head as to what my first mods will be and I will be purchasing the Yoshimura RS-2 full exhaust, doing the 3x3 mod but which jet kit do I purchase? Living in Nova Scotia I'm searching this website http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=jet+kit, so what is the difference and which is the best to choose? Any suggestions are appreciated thanks all. 

Hey all new to the DRZ world looking a head as to what my first mods will be and I will be purchasing the Yoshimura RS-2 full exhaust, doing the 3x3 mod but which jet kit do I purchase? Living in Nova Scotia I'm searching this website http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=jet+kit, so what is the difference and which is the best to choose? Any suggestions are appreciated thanks all. 

your search bar is your best friend in this forum you can find everything using that just a heads up before anyone else tells you the same,  welcome . going with the jd jetting kit is the best and most used for the 3x3 mod on this site you can find it in the thumper talk store.

• Like 2

alright so I guess my question should of been more direct, in regards to that website when looking at just the dynojet brand what is the difference between them? the stock# and price are different but all seem to fit my bike as well descriptions are the same? Anyways I will check out the JD Jetting as well as on the TT store there is only 2 options and I like things to be simple because I just don't have the experience/knowledge yet. 

I would also not buy the RS-2 as you would be ripping yourself off, buy the MRD SSW built quality is second to none and cheaper than the Yoshi. Both jet kits are different but have the same outcome. Some people use Dynojet some use the JD, you dont get a huge gain from this mod it just basically gives you smoother and sharper throttle response. Heaps easy to do, the hardest part is getting the carby out and back in.

alright so I guess my question should of been more direct, in regards to that website when looking at just the dynojet brand what is the difference between them? the stock# and price are different but all seem to fit my bike as well descriptions are the same? Anyways I will check out the JD Jetting as well as on the TT store there is only 2 options and I like things to be simple because I just don't have the experience/knowledge yet.

You would need the dynojet 3110 jet kit.

I too would recommend the JD jet kit over the DJ jet kit though...

• Like 2

DynoJet # 3110 kit --may also need a #25 Mikuni pilot jet,socket head float bowl screws and Kientech extended fuel screw to aid tuning not included in the kit.

James Dean # JDS005 is a more complete kit.I beleive it also includes the #25 pilot jet and replacement socket head float bowl screws.Also has 2 jet needle profiles for high temps and high altitude and better instructions.Extended fuel screw is also recommended to ease tuning.

The Dynojet kit # 3109 (stage 1) is for a stock (un-modified) air box.  It can be used for a totally stock bike, or you can use a aftermarket / air filter / full exhaust / or slip-on.  The instructions will guide you through that.

The Dynojet kit # 3110 (stage 2) is suitable for 3x3 mod & full aftermarket exhaust.  The only differences in the two kits are : The stage 2 has a different needle & a bigger main jet selection. 

Note : Both kits come with 5 main jets.  The biggest one in the stage 1 kit is a 136

The biggest one in the stage 2 kit is a 155

More Notes : Either one of the Dynojet kits will NOT come with a '25 pilot jet' or 'allen head screws' for the float bowl (which is highly recommended).

Bottom line is save yourself the hassle & get the JD jet kit # (JDS005).  It will come with 2 different needles, multiple main jets, 25 pilot jet and allen head screws for float bowl.

• Like 3

The Dynojet kit # 3109 (stage 1) is for a stock (un-modified) air box. It can be used for a totally stock bike, or you can use a aftermarket / air filter / full exhaust / or slip-on. The instructions will guide you through that.

The Dynojet kit # 3110 (stage 2) is suitable for 3x3 mod & full aftermarket exhaust. The only differences in the two kits are : The stage 2 has a different needle & a bigger main jet selection.

Note : Both kits come with 5 main jets. The biggest one in the stage 1 kit is a 136

The biggest one in the stage 2 kit is a 155

More Notes : Either one of the Dynojet kits will NOT come with a '25 pilot jet' or 'allen head screws' for the float bowl (which is highly recommended).

Bottom line is save yourself the hassle & get the JD jet kit # (JDS005). It will come with 2 different needles, multiple main jets, 25 pilot jet and allen head screws for float bowl.

Dynojet 3110 stage 2 kit comes with a 160 main jet as well in it and it doesn't need the 25 pilot as it works fine without it. Like I said I have ridden the Drz 400sm with both jd and dynojet setups and they are identical. If you want a noticable change buy the fcr mx carb.

Edited by berjo

My bike came with the DJ kit and the previous owner only used the needle and the spring.

I use the stock 142.5 MJ and have added a PJ25( did nothing useful) and eventually a Kientech screw, which also did nothing that I could determine. The needle is the real deal, however.

I do wonder what the FCR would be like as I could really get into faster/better throttle response for front end lofting off-road....one of the few issues I have with the DRZ.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by shuswap1

Dynojet 3110 stage 2 kit comes with a 160 main jet as well in it and it doesn't need the 25 pilot as it works fine without it. Like I said I have ridden the Drz 400sm with both jd and dynojet setups and they are identical. If you want a noticable change buy the fcr mx carb.

Ok, 160..... And not everyone uses extended fuel screws so the 25 pj is good to have.  I aslo have used JD & DJ in my DRZ, and I do have a FCR in my bike.   And I also have DJ kits in my other 2 DRZ's.  Not everyone can afford a FCR, the OP didn't say a word about a FCR.  I answered his question the way he asked it without manipulating it.  Hell he could have just saved ALL of his money and bought a KTM EXC-500 !  

Edited by billdirt1
  • Like 1

Both Dynojet(DJ3110) and JD(JDS005) kits can be set up to run very well in a DRZ400.....

Personally, I prefer the JD kit for it's 2 needle deal , which makes for easier tune-ability  for various running conditions...

Also add an extended fuel screw to your cart for easier fuel screw adjustment

And side tracking somewhat, the 39 Fcr conversion kit from the TT store is the Bee's Knee's for the DRZ  stock or big bore displacement...

It's good to throw up options to the OP ...many new comers are unaware of the fcr conversion kit...so now he does... ?

Whatever way you go........Don't get DJ stage 1 (DJ3109) or a generic equivalent.. as it's designed for stock intake..

Edited by Craigo 485sm
  • Like 3

thanks for insight and advice but I'll be sticking with yosh as I don't want anything crazy loud and from what I've read the MRD exhaust is very loud also with my white fenders I think the carbon fibre will look very sexy hahaha, I have been reading about the FCR 39 carb and that will definitely be done in the future but not this season so I guess to keep things simple and less online purchases I'll go with the JD stage 2 this way I get what I need now and later.

Thanks again!! 

• Like 1