Sign in to follow this  

what bike (06 rmz250 or 06 crf250 )

Thinking of getting a second bike and have been offered both of these are a ok price.

Both have been looked after and the RMZ is super clean and had engine rebuild 4 hours ago .

The CRF is full road registered with years mot and tax. 

rmz250.jpg

crf250.jpeg

Whats everyones views and reviews of the year and model of bikes??

thanks 

I'd say after looking at that suzuki someone cared a lot about that bike and as a result, it's probably very well looked after. I'd look at that first. Looks to be very low hour and clean as well 

I'd say after looking at that suzuki someone cared a lot about that bike and as a result, it's probably very well looked after. I'd look at that first. Looks to be very low hour and clean as well 

Thats what am thinking , Has anyone got any reviews of a RMZ , I have never owned a Suzuki in my life .

Suzuki's are pretty good. The 06 had a hard hitting motor and obviously superb handling. Get the suspension revalved for your weight and brrraaaaaaappp.

I have heard a few mixed reviews on the engines saying that they are quite troublesome and require alot of maintenance?? 

04-06 RMZ 250 is a joint venture between Kawi and Suzuki.  Suzuki engine/trans and Kawi chassis.  So, not only do you not get the legendary handling of the Suzuki, you don't get the strong motor that Kawi makes.  Although '06 was an improvement, they are not very good.  2007 is the oldest RMZ 250 you should even consider.  

So, if you are only deciding between these two bikes, I would suggest the CRF.  

• Like 1

04-06 RMZ 250 is a joint venture between Kawi and Suzuki.  Suzuki engine/trans and Kawi chassis.  So, not only do you not get the legendary handling of the Suzuki, you don't get the strong motor that Kawi makes.  Although '06 was an improvement, they are not very good.  2007 is the oldest RMZ 250 you should even consider.  

Seroiusly?? Thats blown my thought process completly out the window :(

I concur. The RMZ does look great! However 07 and up are the ones to look at. The crf should have kibblewhites thrown in the head for better longevity of the valve train. I would take the crf because you have a lot more options because it's road legal.

• Like 1

Is the Honda the X model or the actual MX bike with headlights?

That's an X. I can see the larger tank and 18" wheel. They are a GREAT bike, one that has had only minor tweaks for many, many years.

The RM is gorgeous but like others have said, not a great year.

04-06 RMZ 250 is a joint venture between Kawi and Suzuki. Suzuki engine/trans and Kawi chassis. So, not only do you not get the legendary handling of the Suzuki, you don't get the strong motor that Kawi makes. Although '06 was an improvement, they are not very good. 2007 is the oldest RMZ 250 you should even consider.

+1. Spot on. I would go so far as to say don't get an 07. They're transmission nightmares. People kept telling me that before I bought mine but I wouldn't listen. UT ran and handled great till my trans grenaded. 08 fixed all that. 06 definitely had bad engine problems. They were gutless and didn't handle worth a crap

• Like 1