Sign in to follow this  

07 TTR50e changed the oil and created a problem

Anyone know much about the TTR50's? I just bought an '07 that's been sitting for 2 years... Wouldn't start up at all so I drained the old gas and jetted the carb. It ran great for a couple days until I decided to change the oil with Honda 10/40.. The bike hasn't ran right since... my daughter got on it and It took a few minutes to start up then she put it in 1st and started going then it would bog down and die... so I decided to try and start it off at 2nd gear and then it ran ok for a few minutes then I had her start it back up and run it in 1st again then it did the same as before.. I checked the plug and I think it fouled out so I bought a new one and drained out a little oil and now it wont even start, and when it does start it seems like the carb is clogged again... wtf?!

Anyone know much about the TTR50's? I just bought an '07 that's been sitting for 2 years... Wouldn't start up at all so I drained the old gas and jetted the carb. It ran great for a couple days until I decided to change the oil with Honda 10/40.. The bike hasn't ran right since... my daughter got on it and It took a few minutes to start up then she put it in 1st and started going then it would bog down and die... so I decided to try and start it off at 2nd gear and then it ran ok for a few minutes then I had her start it back up and run it in 1st again then it did the same as before.. I checked the plug and I think it fouled out so I bought a new one and drained out a little oil and now it wont even start, and when it does start it seems like the carb is clogged again... &%$#@!?!

Way too much oil or coincidence. If oil level is correct check carb again.