Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse Core set up

06 YZ250 with a 13oz FWW, medium wedges and medium factory setting. I find it slips too much, does not engage fast enough or hit hard enough. I run a Magura hydro clutch.

Anything I can do before ordering heavy wedges? Just feels like if lacks bottom end hit I had before I installed it. I have low to mid porting.

Medium wedges dont work. Rekluse changed the kit to heavy wedges a while back.

I used to run a EXP 2 ring that came standard with heavy wedges and never had an issue with slipping

• Like 1

i think the problem is the magura clutch.  The rekluse is designed to be used with cables, not the self adjusting magura.

the KTMs have a special setup to run the hydro setup

I run the heavier wedges with the lighter springs. I cant for the life of me remember the color but I think their gold. No slip and instant hookup right off idle....

• Like 1

i think the problem is the magura clutch.  The rekluse is designed to be used with cables, not the self adjusting magura.

the KTMs have a special setup to run the hydro setup

The Core EXP is fine for hydraulic clutches, that's why I bought it.

I think I'm gonna buy the heavy wedges, they will sell them to me for $60 because I have a unit that came with medium wedges.

I'd lose the FFW. Those are fine for the stock clutch. The the Rekluse adds some flywheel all by itself while adding in the stall prevention that the FFW brings to the table.

I just got a V 3.0 and I am not that happy with it. It chatters, which may go away with break in. But the clutch pull is HEAVY and LONG  to get it to slip. I like my V 1.0 and my Pro much better. I have a feeling that the evil four stroke has ruined yet another thing that it has touched. 

I'd lose the FFW. Those are fine for the stock clutch. The the Rekluse adds some flywheel all by itself while adding in the stall prevention that the FFW brings to the table.

I just got a V 3.0 and I am not that happy with it. It chatters, which may go away with break in. But the clutch pull is HEAVY and LONG to get it to slip. I like my V 1.0 and my Pro much better. I have a feeling that the evil four stroke has ruined yet another thing that it has touched.

From everything I have read, learned and been told is the chatter is your clutch basket. Cast clutch baskets vibrate hence why you get the chatter...

When I bought mine, rekluse said the magura is a no go since you cant set, measure and maintain free play gain.

You can always try your regular cable and see if it stops slipping.

When I bought mine, rekluse said the magura is a no go since you cant set, measure and maintain free play gain.

You can always try your regular cable and see if it stops slipping.

I will see what they today when I speak to them.

From everything I have read, learned and been told is the chatter is your clutch basket. Cast clutch baskets vibrate hence why you get the chatter...

Brand new clutch basket just installed. My other Rekluse clutches had long break ins too. It'll probably go away and had decreased quite a bit in the four days that  I rode it while I was back in the US recently.

My main issue with the V3 is the HEAVY clutch pull and how far you had to pull it to make it slip. I had to swap the Honda style clutch perch that I bought the bike with to a Yamaha GYTR perch from one of my other bikes. To slip the clutch with the Honda style perch I had to use my whole hand on the lever or it would crush my fingers. That's a whole lot of heavy pull just to slip the clutch.

I will see what they today when I speak to them.

According to Rekluse as long as you get a minimum of 1/8th inch free play gain you are fine. You can also shim or space the clutch slave to extend the arm or plunger to improve feel and engagement. I ordered heavy wedges, that is what they felt would make me happy.

Dam, I was just going to tell you to wait on the heavier wedges... I might have some come up for sale cheap!

20140619_194438_zpsflh8szyo.jpg

Jesus, what happened?

They will replace that, and I'm sure they will want the wedges with it.

Jesus, what happened?

They will replace that, and I'm sure they will want the wedges with it.

Training! Was trying to get prepared for the CXCC rounds. I bent the shift shaft and was going on replace it. Found this during my tear down. Rekluse is sending me a 3.0 but I have to purchase the heavier wedges. I'm sure they'll want this back but I will just put the stock wedges back in. It did get worse for me though. I broke my clutch basket while trying to remove the hub nut......

Training! Was trying to get prepared for the CXCC rounds. I bent the shift shaft and was going on replace it. Found this during my tear down. Rekluse is sending me a 3.0 but I have to purchase the heavier wedges. I'm sure they'll want this back but I will just put the stock wedges back in. It did get worse for me though. I broke my clutch basket while trying to remove the hub nut......

That blows my friend. My wedges are on back order, so I will take those wedges you have if you want to send them to me.

That blows my friend. My wedges are on back order, so I will take those wedges you have if you want to send them to me.

Give me a couple days until I learn whether they want this one back....

Good excuse for a Hinson or Barnett. I have a Barnett in my 125 and love it, I think my 250 will get bone soon as well.

You have the Core 2.0 correct? The 3.0 has different wedges now that ramp off the plates as opposed to bearing as in the 2.0

You have the Core 2.0 correct? The 3.0 has different wedges now that ramp off the plates as opposed to bearing as in the 2.0

I thought Monk had a 2.0..