USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

What bike is the best motocross, dune, and collector's bike?

So I ride enduro with a KTM 300, love my bike to death.  But it SUCKS for motocross.  

Having rode a CR 500 from '04 to '07 I have a soft spot for those 500s.  I just bought a CR 500 AF (my previous bike was a regular 500), wanting to set it up for motocross.  It'll be a great spare/buddy bike for my brother and friends, and also be for motocross and dunes riding.  It'll be a collector's kinda bike too because it's a Service Honda AF.  

Anyone think I could have chosen a better bike for my three criteria (moto, dunes, collector bike)??

• Like 2

So I ride enduro with a KTM 300, love my bike to death. But it SUCKS for motocross.

Having rode a CR 500 from '04 to '07 I have a soft spot for those 500s. I just bought a CR 500 AF (my previous bike was a regular 500), wanting to set it up for motocross. It'll be a great spare/buddy bike for my brother and friends, and also be for motocross and dunes riding. It'll be a collector's kinda bike too because it's a Service Honda AF.

Anyone think I could have chosen a better bike for my three criteria (moto, dunes, collector bike)??

Yes. KX5AF. ;)

• Like 1

It's a great all - rounder but as a loaner? Make sure they have good health insurance.

• Like 2

Yes. KX5AF. ;)

Service Honda started making the Kawi 500 AF in 2008, and they are going for over $9000 used.  No way.  I had to find one that's nearly 15 years old to afford it!

But the power valve system on the KX was always made the engine superior, more controllable than the CR motor.  But I've been talking to Service Honda about the digital ignition they sell for the 500, it redefined the bike.

• Like 1

Service Honda started making the Kawi 500 AF in 2008, and they are going for over $9000 used.  No way.  I had to find one that's nearly 15 years old to afford it!

But the power valve system on the KX was always made the engine superior, more controllable than the CR motor.  But I've been talking to Service Honda about the digital ignition they sell for the 500, it redefined the bike.

I believe it... tune and de-tune that to your spec is great. Love BB 2-strokes all around fun no matter what your doing....   ooohhh except going up wet steep boulders. that doesn't work to well.

I believe it... tune and de-tune that to your spec is great. Love BB 2-strokes all around fun no matter what your doing....   ooohhh except going up wet steep boulders. that doesn't work to well.

No kidding!  The KX 500 is much more manageable in the rocks (or climbing wet boulders lol) than the CR, but this new ignition might help fix that.  Plus I'll install a 13 oz flywheel weight. 

• Like 1

Plus I'll install a 13 oz flywheel weight. 

+1 on that. give it more tractor traction. Gotta post some pics and vid when she's rippin.

• Like 1

:excuseme:

full_450_SX_F_Factory_perspective_high_r

BeGone 4T!! 

This is now a 2T thread!!

• Like 1