Sign in to follow this  

Honda Reflex help please.

I have wanted for a long time and finally  picked up an 86 tlr 200 reflex. All the lights, battery, etc. have been taken off I assume to run trials years ago. I am fine with that other than I would like to bare bones headlight and taillight it so I can still maintain street legal status here in my state. I have a good LED headlight and taillight but don't know what I need to make them work. I know that we used to hook up lights to snowmobiles that didn't have a battery system. Can anyone guide me in the right direction.  

I am new to the forum but looking forward to participating. My goal is to eventually do some vintage trials competitions in the senior class. So guess should say hi  and thank you for any imput.

Ron

I am also a new owner of a 86 Honda 200 reflex.  Couldn't figure out how to post my question so decided to try here.  If I broke a rule, I am sure someone will instruct me how to post future questions on my bike.  

I tore into it because the plate on the bottom of the air box was loose.  To get to that, I had to pull the exhaust.  Found the exhaust has two pieces.  Have been around dirt bikes for sixty years and have never seen the header so restrictive or the muffler.  With the exhaust so choked down, is this bike capable of being ridden on blacktop without it seizing up?  How safe is it to ride it say 35 to 50 MPH?  Please advise.