Sign in to follow this  

rmx 250 output shaft bearing broke

Hi there im new here. I have just purchased a 1994 rmx250. Unfortunately after only a few hours it broke!

So after lots of searching I though I would join this forum. As I always end up here and seems very helpfull

So my problem is the output shaft/drive shaft bearing has broken down, so im in the process off splitting case to replace the bad bearing. Is there anythink else I should replace why im in there or can I just replace bad bearing. The top end has recently had rebuild and bike was running perfect.

It has done some slight damage to engine case on the collar that holds bearing in is this gonna cause a problem? Or would you recommend to replace engine case half?

Any help will be appreciated

Hi there im new here. I have just purchased a 1994 rmx250. Unfortunately after only a few hours it broke!

So after lots of searching I though I would join this forum. As I always end up here and seems very helpfull

So my problem is the output shaft/drive shaft bearing has broken down, so im in the process off splitting case to replace the bad bearing. Is there anythink else I should replace why im in there or can I just replace bad bearing. The top end has recently had rebuild and bike was running perfect.

It has done some slight damage to engine case on the collar that holds bearing in is this gonna cause a problem? Or would you recommend to replace engine case half?

Any help will be appreciated

Hi I have a 98 rmx and if your splitting the cases I would replace all the bearings and seals while your in there check your shift forks and gears to. All the bearings are standard except the top end it would go to a bearing supply shop and you can get better bearings for the same price or cheaper.

Hi I have a 98 rmx and if your splitting the cases I would replace all the bearings and seals while your in there check your shift forks and gears to. All the bearings are standard except the top end it would go to a bearing supply shop and you can get better bearings for the same price or cheaper.

+1