We have a winner

Grant Langston ? .  I know there's another topic about him,  but he's doing an outstanding job, he is mx educated and kick's up the entertainment level a few gear's. I personally like how he get's fired up when someone is doing an on-board track lap, also, he has the personality to move our sport in the right direction, which in turn, help's rating's and draw's in more fan's. Motocross need's GL.      Oh, the 30 second's board girl's are looking great.

Edited by Alan48
  • Like 8

Emig has gotten better but his delivery is still very rough, constantly stumbles over his words and never says anything interesting.  I'm glad that Langston is on the outdoors since I love motocross over Supercross and I really think Wiegant and Langston do a good job.

P.S. Ralph Shehands needs to disappear all together.

• Like 3

Grant Langston ? . I know there's another topic about him, but he's doing an outstanding job, he is mx educated and kick's up the entertainment level a few gear's. I personally like how he get's fired up when someone is doing an on-board track lap, also, he has the personality to move our sport in the right direction, which in turn, help's rating's and draw's in more fan's. Motocross need's GL. Oh, the 30 second's board girl's are looking great.

Watched 2012 southwick races yesterday for some strange reason and hearing Emig again really made me realize the switch to Langston is great. He feels alot more enthusiastic.

• Like 2

Not to bring up an old debate but people give Emig a lot of shit for someone that has overcome so much to be able to do what he does with a mic in his hand!

100% agree, I would never take anything away from Emig,  he is great at what he does, and yes,,he has had to overcome his speech issue with a lot of hard work, practice and determination, I admire that in any person that chooses to better themselves, and he has done just that. I would like to see JE and GL working together,,,,,,,,,,that way,,,, we get the best of both world's !!  Yep.  

I am impressed that Emig has overcome his extreme speech impediment and is even able to be an announcer.  Check out his post-race interviews from when he was a 125 rider.  Pretty amazing in my opinion.

I've always liked him, but have to agree that I really like Grant Langston as an announcer.  He's fun to listen to.

• Like 3

Langston is like having a pro racer hang out with you and explain what is going on using his inside knowledge.   It feels casual, yet informative.  Not like he is trying to sell you that he is super knowledgeable or to keep watching.   (I blame the SX producers for that.)

"See that,..."    "Yea, I wouldn't do that, they have to do that jump..."

I keep waiting for him to offer a beer.

Edited by Kev_XR
  • Like 2