Sign in to follow this  

skid plates

I do, on my YZWR

Don't recommend it.

Not enough coverage on the frame, as it goes narrow as it goes back

No frame coverage at all right at the footpegs

I have the Hyde Racing on my X and it is the best.

Had a Utah sport cycle, an Acerbis, and a Scorpion on the X.

The Hyde is way better coverage, less noise, and isnt' 'soft' like the TMD or the Acerbis, so it can't be punctured.

• Like 1

I do, on my YZWR

Don't recommend it.

Not enough coverage on the frame, as it goes narrow as it goes back

No frame coverage at all right at the footpegs

I have the Hyde Racing on my X and it is the best.

Had a Utah sport cycle, an Acerbis, and a Scorpion on the X.

The Hyde is way better coverage, less noise, and isnt' 'soft' like the TMD or the Acerbis, so it can't be punctured.

how did you like the scorpion? 

Just hoseclamp a skateboard deck to the frame and call it good.

Redneck engineering rite there. :)

that's great advice for sure. but could you be more specific, are we talking standard board or cruiser, chrome plated or stainless clamp. thanks in advance

that's great advice for sure. but could you be more specific, are we talking standard board or cruiser, chrome plated or stainless clamp. thanks in advance

Whatever you can steal from the kid next door, cut it half and share with a friend. Grab some of the kid's stepdad's zip ties while you are at it.

Do you leave the trucks and wheels on???

Might be on to something...

No, those go onto my new deck.

P.S.  Bamboo is the kind....save a tree ride a weed.

Very big, heavy, and loud

Did it's job, but stuck out so far on the sides it would actually hang up on some trails.

I can't say about heavy...the moose racing i one i had was a pos imhop but i liked the scorpion because it was quite and simple on and off... wide... i guess your single track is a lot  differernt then mine... i gotta check out the hyde... until today i never heard about it... 

okay just checked out the hyde... ya that looks awesome... what is it?  Plastic?  I guess that would solve the whole bike flexing issues as well???? Not that it would make a differnce for my riding ability just read about it on some other post?

okay just checked out the hyde... ya that looks awesome... what is it?  Plastic?  I guess that would solve the whole bike flexing issues as well???? Not that it would make a differnce for my riding ability just read about it on some other post?

They are made from a Teflon Co-Polymer...tough as Hell. Much stronger and more impact resistant than plastic, and still allows the frame to flex as it was designed. Best product on the market AND easy to remove and install for servicing.

(And yeah, didn't make a difference in MY riding skills either, but the kids who race my bike said it did...)

• Like 1