Sign in to follow this  

2014 rmz250 strange issue

I recently changed my coupler on my 2014 rmz250 and all of a sudden when I rev it up in neutral or on the line, about mid rpms it pops or cuts out. No performance loss on the track. Followed my manuals instructions on how to change the coupler and I've done it before on my kawi. Switched it back to stock and it did the same thing. Not noticeable on the track other than when I rev it in the air.

Edited by 86Yellow7

Here's a video, listen for popping/ cutting out. Did this ever since I switched to the white coupler. I switched it back and it did the same thing

Check that there is no tension on the hot start cable. Make sure wires are connected. The neutral switch does "clip" rpm for sound test. Check for air leaks. Try rich coupler. Start bike and let it warm up for 5 minutes. Dont touch throttle. Let sensors come to temp and adjust. Other items would be tps adjustment. If you just got bike-let dealer look at it

Check that there is no tension on the hot start cable. Make sure wires are connected. The neutral switch does "clip" rpm for sound test. Check for air leaks. Try rich coupler. Start bike and let it warm up for 5 minutes. Dont touch throttle. Let sensors come to temp and adjust. Other items would be tps adjustment. If you just got bike-let dealer look at it

K I checked the header for cracks or anything, but it doesn't act weird when the bike is moving, unless it's revved in the air. I'm going to Check the plug. Change the oil, air filter and check everything tomorrow