Sign in to follow this  

Handlebars

I see that most of professional riders use handlebars with less possible sweep ..

Can someone explain me what is the feeling or what is the differents in riding a bike that has a bar with alot of sweep or viceverse.

They just use the bar they are more comfortable with. Alot of them run a pretty natural bar bend. The pro's tend to use a lower bar bend with little sweep.

Edited by suzuki son of a bitch
  • Like 1

I've heard that the lowest and straightest bar is what works better in racing conditions. I just put on a Pro Taper Mini Low bar on mine and immediately felt it's better than the stock's (Nekken) height and sweep. I feel like riding in the attack position is a little easier and comfortable now. I now wish I had went with the Universal Low, which has a tad more sweep (5mm) but is a little lower. But as with anything,10 different people will probably have 10 different answers.

one pro told me he and others do it because it provides better leverage to turn the bike more quickly (pushing the inside bar down to flick the bike over going into a turn)...and that taller bars tend to make people ride too far back on the bike.

i do have some rise on mine, though. although i do race some, i just do it for fun. and on our non-racing, trail riding days of 8 hours of single-track, i find i am less worn out at the end of the day with the bars a bit higher.

Edited by LittleRedToyota