09 kx450 oil leak help

I have an oil leak coming from the water pump weep hole. It does not look like the liquids are mixing but I have not drained oil as of yet to check. everything is still at reg marks. What do you think I'm looking at here?

Power n Flow

Water pump seals.  One seal, seals the oil from the water and another seal seals the water from the oil.

Change the bearings also while you are there.

My guess is... if you have never replaced the main bearings (for crank shaft) and your water pump seals are failing, it's time for a complete rebuild.

If there is coolant in the oil it would be that seal correct? I don't have any mixing fluids as of yet.. Someone was saying there is another oil seal in there behind the pump but I'm not sure. Possibly could be time for a rebuild, not much ride time on it tho.. Anyways out to the garage.

Power n Flow

If the fluids are not mixing then it's just the inside seal...I would at least replace both seals since you'll have to pull side cover....need both seals and water pump gasket and side cover gasket....

Hope this helps.

Ernie

Edited by gonzokx

I have an 06 kx450 that was leakin coolant out of the weep hole. Only a couple of days ago I pulled the side cover off and removed 2 bearings and 2 seals from the cover. On my model it looks as though 1 seal is slightly bigger then the other so maybe keep that in mind when you are doing this job.

I follow the instructions in the workshop manual fairly closely which I found a link to on a thread on this sight and downloaded for free. There would probably be a manual on a forum for your year. Very handy if you don't have it already. Good luck

I have an 06 kx450 that was leakin coolant out of the weep hole. Only a couple of days ago I pulled the side cover off and removed 2 bearings and 2 seals from the cover. On my model it looks as though 1 seal is slightly bigger then the other so maybe keep that in mind when you are doing this job.

I follow the instructions in the workshop manual fairly closely which I found a link to on a thread on this sight and downloaded for free. There would probably be a manual on a forum for your year. Very handy if you don't have it already. Good luck

I have oil coming out of the weep hole not coolant and nothing was mixed I may have found problem need to go buy coolant

Power n Flow

What ended up being the problem? My 06 KX450 has a very small oil leak from weep hole 

What ended up being the problem? My 06 KX450 has a very small oil leak from weep hole 
Your oring underneath the cam bridge needs replaced. Could also be the gasket thing that sits on top of it and in-between the valve cover. Number 92055 fixed my leak. The weep hole sits next to the spark plug. oil is getting down to it some how from the cam area. Screenshot_20180504-211822.pngScreenshot_20180504-211916.png