Sign in to follow this  

Need Help With Gearshift Shaft 1990 DR350

Hi, my new to me DR350 had a severe problem with the clutch dragging, so I did the clutch binding fix of shaving the basket gear a bit.  While I was doing that I also checked and re-torqued  the shift bolt that can cause problems.  

Well, during this operation I bumped the gearshift shaft and things got out of time. According the this page of the shop manual all I need to do is "install the gearshift shaft. Match the center teeth of the gear on the gearshift shaft with the center teeth on the cam driven gear as shown in Fig." Well, I did that, but it does not shift as smoothly as before.  When putting it into first gear it seems to only go halfway in pop up into second at the slightest tap of the shifter.  It worked great before, so I am guessing it is a simple fix that I am missing...any help?  Below is a copy of the page showing what needs to be done. 

i-dZjkb29-L.jpg

Thanks....I've got one on "backorder" but I see now from past posts that it can be straightened.  I will try that. Is there a torque value for that?  While I am at it, I have been having a hard time finding a torque value for the clutch cover bolts itself...is that because there isn't one or I just cannot seem to find it?

Thanks!

DAVE