Sign in to follow this  

new 2012 kx450f?

how hard is it to get a new 2012 kx450f from a dealership? what's the likely hood of finding a new bike like this at a dealership? I semi close to dealerships like goleta motosports and hollister powersports

You should be able to find one somewhere, ask your dealer to do a search.. But I gotta asked why are you stuck on the 2012?

I remember a few years back, Cernic's had a ton of leftovers of every brand. Maybe check out their website.

One of my local dealers always has a ton of leftover Yamaha's. Back in April, i picked up a leftover 2013 kx450f from him for $6200 plus tax. 

You should be able to find one somewhere, ask your dealer to do a search.. But I gotta asked why are you stuck on the 2012?

good power and it doesn't have air forks yet correct? wasnt that a 2013 thing? I want to avoid air firks

good power and it doesn't have air forks yet correct? wasnt that a 2013 thing? I want to avoid air firks

I was scared of the air forks as well, but you must do your research on them and take all the bad experiences with a grain of salt. Some people are not completely honest with how they maintain their bike and what exactly happened.

Now granted, I don't race much anymore, I do have my own track and go to open practices, so the bike doesn't get too much abuse. I am A/B skill level and my bike has 9hrs with no issues yet. I haven't had the psi drop yet in my forks either. Maybe in about 20hrs this might change, but I'm not worried about it.

I was scared of the air forks as well, but you must do your research on them and take all the bad experiences with a grain of salt. Some people are not completely honest with how they maintain their bike and what exactly happened.

Now granted, I don't race much anymore, I do have my own track and go to open practices, so the bike doesn't get too much abuse. I am A/B skill level and my bike has 9hrs with no issues yet. I haven't had the psi drop yet in my forks either. Maybe in about 20hrs this might change, but I'm not worried about it.

I've heard that once you put new seals on you don't really have to worry about forks blowing out.

do you air forks feel more harsh to you?

I've heard that once you put new seals on you don't really have to worry about forks blowing out.

do you air forks feel more harsh to you?

I actually like the way the forks feel cuz i weigh almost 260lbs. A lot of people say that the kx's suspension it better suited for heavier riders. They soak up a lot. It takes a little while to get them dialed in.

Edited by ktoom

There will be some left somewhere. Find a volume dealer sometimes you can find a screaming deal but you might have to travel a bit.

What part of ok. Do u live in

Ok. I live n Enid. Not from this area. Was looking for closer places to ride. Been going to Stillwater and el Reno. But I'm from Muskogee kinda by u

I looked all over and the only place I could find that had one was in North Carolina... And they wouldn't sell it to me with out me physically being there to sign the paper work... They wanted 6,000 out the door. I decided to buy a 14 for 6,999 out the door locally... Did the mxtech conversion. Best suspension I've ever ridden, absolutely amazing!