2013 kx450f white smoke and milky oil

When I am out riding my 450 and I rev it or do a burnout(in grass to turn around at gates) I get a white puff of smoke and the oil looks milky through the watch glass. Does this mean that the engine is blowing or the water pump seal has broken? Please help

The previous week I hit a kangaroo on the water pump side and maybe that that had something to do with it

If the water pump cover looks ok, then I'd guess the roo didn't break anything there. Probably worth removing the pump cover to inspect but that'll mean a new cover gasket is needed.

Check your spark plug for any signs or smell of coolant. Also see if you are losing coolant. You might have a leaking head gasket. Which could be just the gasket or it could be head warp too. Easy to fix.

Does the white smoke smell like engine oil or boiled coolant?

Edited by numroe

You hit a kangroo?  One aspect of a riding story I will never have.  Jacked up a rattle snake the other day and got stung by a bee.  Pretty extreme up here........not really.  I woud start with the water pump seal and flush you oil and go from there.

As i recall there are double seals and a weep hole in between them so the idea is that you shouldn't get any in the oil if you have a coolant leak. having said that ther is the gasket between the side cover that could be leaking or the head gasket or the base gasket. I had an athena cylinder that seperated and leaked into the oil, my best guess would be head gasket if your getting white smoke.

you'll need to replace it once you break torque on the head. 

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y