Sign in to follow this  

Need help please!

I was riding my Drz 400 on the freeway going about 70 then all of a sudden I felt a sputter and it just died. So I pulled over and tried to start the bike and it started right up no problem. When I give it throttle it just dies every time. Bike ran very solid before it died. Was riding it for about a year no problems. I would appreciate any help I can get here on this forum. Thanks

Jetted stock carb 165 mj 45pj

Rs3 yoshimura

3x3 mod

Yeah I tried reserve and disconnected from the carb side fuel line to see if gas was flowing and it was. It's weird the bike starts up no problem but just when I give it gas it just cuts off. Bike is a 2k DRZ S

Perhaps a chunk of something has made its way to the main jet, allowing  it too idle all day long but run above idle circuit?  Do you have a fuel filter installed? if not, maybe check main jet

• Like 1

HHHMMMM......not main jet then.  can the stock TPS sensor on carb affect timing so much that it won't run?  I wonder if unplugging the TPS on the carb would make any difference. also see if pulling choke helps any.