Sign in to follow this  

How does the henry reed bend compare to the windham bend.

Title says it I got the pro taper windhams now and consider them a improvement from the stock 5xc-lo pro taper that came on my 2012 yz450. Stock bars left me feeling cramped I'm 5 foot 10. I like experimenting and in certain situations I feel the windams might be a little tall. How does the henry reed bars compare to the stock bars and the windams. Input would be great I welcome other recomandations to. I like the fact the windhams have less sweep than the stock bars they just seem a little high when sitting in a corner I ride mx. Thanks

Pro Taper lists all the bend specifics for their bars on their site. Can get all the info you're looking for right there.. :thumbsup:

how do I figure out what the specs are for the stock bars.

If I'm correct the stock 5 xc lo bars have 52 mm of sweep this is confusing to me because every one says the windhams have less sweep but according to the chart the windhams have 53 mm?

Funny, I have the Reed bend & would rather have the windhams because they are taller. I'm 6'1 & I like the feel of the reed bend but sometimes they do feel a tad short.

• Like 1

I like them when standing or even sitting if I was just trail riding but I feel like when I really try to attack a corner ( I Also race mx) my arms are to high and I can't get my body weight over the front cause my arms are almost straight out in front of me. I do like the windhams just feel there a touch high for me. I'm looking at the cr highs henry reed and also the Suzuki factory ktm bend.

Edited by Mtrain730

Just got the henry reed bend and got a good ride in at the the track. I love them

I don't know why they just seem to fit me I feel comfortable with these bars. I liked the windhams but I feel more confident in the corners with the henry reed. Just thought I would do a follow up.

• Like 1