PWK carb.....to TPS or not to TPS....that is the question

Hi guys,

I have a CR 250 '07 with the PWK carby...........TPS is unplugged and running sweet....... (as far as i know)...............is it worth pursuing the connectors etc and reconnecting my TPS?

Who has reconnected the TPS on their 04-07 250's?

Its a mixed bag of results on this forum....what exactly does the TPS control in the ignition? 

Any thoughts or results out there??

cheers

Thanks guys, i will pursue the wiring colours and connectors etc and go about re-connecting my TPS.

Given the fact that the connector is so easy to access, means i will be able to plug and unplug the TPS while out riding and confirm any gains.

cheers

could  you please update ? and write us about the wiring u did ?

thanks

I think I just figured this out. The CR125 service manual is wrong. The CR250 service manual is correct. Both bikes use the same TPS, part number:

16060-KSR-732

See screen shots below. The 125 manual incorrectly states Yellow/Red, Yellow/Blue for the variable 0-5 ohm test. The 250 manual correctly states Blue/Green, Yellow/Blue for the same test. Same test, for same part number. ? This corresponds with the short body PWK color codes for the same TPS variable ohm measurement, i.e. Black & Yellow.

This from a thread that was awhile ago, TPS test procedure.  Click on the original link curved arrow to view thumbnails.

Edited by magpie5
  • Like 1

help 

my oem connector of the wiring harness to the TPS has different colors or i am looking at the wrong connector ?!

its red/yellow

yellow/blue

blue

not:
• Keihin Black -- Mikuni Green/Blue
• Keihin Yellow -- Mikuni Yellow/Blue
• Keihin Blue -- Mikuni Yellow/Red

my CR is a 2005, and this wiring is from that bike. the carb is off 2006 YZ250. 

on the Keihin i have yellow blue and black wiresas indicated in the post. so carbwise its ok.

what is the color key to connect the red/yellow , yellow/blue , blue  of my CR to the Keihin  ??

• 1 month later...

TPS Update!

And it's good news!!

I finally got to take the CR out now that I have the TPS connected.

WOW!!!

Noticeably sharper throttle response and seems to pick up and go a lot better, holds the front wheel up easily now and really compliments the other mods.......seems like the CDI likes to know where the throttle is at.....

TPS Update!

And it's good news!!

I finally got to take the CR out now that I have the TPS connected.

WOW!!!

Noticeably sharper throttle response and seems to pick up and go a lot better, holds the front wheel up easily now and really compliments the other mods.......seems like the CDI likes to know where the throttle is at.....

I ended up using one of these super waterproof 'Deutsch' connectors as I had wisely plugged up my existing Honda sumitomo harness connector with silastic and was impossible to get out!!image.jpg
  • Like 1