xr200 engine vs street bike

Hi.

What is the difference between a dirtbike engine (like XR 200)  vs a street bike engine (like CB 125)?

I notice XR have more vibration than a street bike. My XR has a tiny amount of vibration that is not noticeable

on dirt, but is noticeable on pavement at any RPM. 

I rode a chinese Lifan 200cc sport bike, and the Lifan was very smooth running on the street. There is almost no

vibration, until high RPM.

What makes a street bike engine so smooth? Is there anything I can do to my XR to make it more smooth on pavement? I'm trying to turn my XR into a commuter, so I don't have to buy another bike.

No, vibrate is not coming from the tires. I can feel the vib when the bike is stationary. Every dirtbike I've ever owned (5), has this kind of vibration.

I've checked all the motor mount, and they're tight. You wouldn't notice it on dirt because you too busy having fun. But when you ride on pavement, it gets kind'a boring and you will start noticing these little things.

I've been reading this morning, and read that some Lifan has counterbalancer in the engine. That may explain why it's so smooth.

Edited by Terminatr