Sign in to follow this  

My experience with Dobeck Performance (EJK)

What setting are you at now and did they change over time (could the seat have pushed the buttons)?Did you call Dillon and see if he had any suggestions???

• Like 1

No. It's on 1.5 2.5 4.5

That milage is sooo bad I am going to have to get a bigger tank. I mean 110 kms to a tank, I can't go anywhere.

Any cracks in the tank--Does it stay full overnight?is the exhaust black when you stick your finger inside??Hows the spark plug?/ If all that is OK i'd call Dillion tomorrow at Dobeck and ask him--seem like a streight up guy to me!! ?

So. It has been a while on those settings. And my fuel milage is getting much worse. My gas light is coming on at 110 KMS. While before the exhaust and ejk it was coming on at 180. This is a lott worse.

Also the power gain I noticed is almost significantly decreased.

Dissipointed in this ejk.

1) Check that the switch point settings are correct (ie setting 4, 5, 6) This is very important.

2) Change the first 3 settings to 1.5 2 3 and run at those settings for at least 1 full tank and report back.

It's also absolutely necessary to completely remove the snorkel on the air box and backfire screen on the filter which I know you said you have done.

Edited by Positron007
  • Like 2

My EJK is wrapped up (birthday present tomorrow from daughter), Tuesday it gets installed with snorkel/backfire screen removal. Then a ride back up Parleys Summit to see if there is any improvement on 58 mph in 4th gear. Hoping it will pull 5th, wish me luck.

• Like 3

You will love it Paul--do you know what setting you will use?? The EJK and the 13 T are my best mods so far--Enjoy!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1.5 2.0 3.0 as Posi just suggested on my first run

1.6 2.0 3.5 on the second run

Then I'll decide for third run. I'll be WOT in any event since speed limit is 65. I'm hoping for 65 in 5th.

• Like 2

No. It's on 1.5 2.5 4.5That milage is sooo bad I am going to have to get a bigger tank. I mean 110 kms to a tank, I can't go anywhere.

Yes I experienced the exact same issues and disappointment as you till I started experimenting with the settings, by the end I was able to restore the fuel economy back to stock but with much improved power and accelereation.

Don't give up just yet.

• Like 1

With the stock muff and air box mods i'm using 1.5/2/3.5 as per Positrons advice--works well for me at 4 to 8 thou feet elevation

• Like 2

With the stock muff and air box mods i'm using 1.5/2/3.5 as per Positrons advice--works well for me at 4 to 8 thou feet elevation

I'm just a little higher than you are, so just a little less O2. What air box mods are you using? Just backfire screen and snorkel removed? Drill any holes?
  • Like 1

I'm just a little higher than you are, so just a little less O2. What air box mods are you using? Just backfire screen and snorkel removed? Drill any holes?

Holes i got holes-- first i drilled 7 1 1/4 holes== to loud then i drilled 3 -1 in holes and put the foam plugs from TT store in ==just right also no screen and snorkel taken out!! I've been to 12500 feet w/o a problem for the bike!!

Edited by USMCVietVet
  • Like 2

ok so im on the fence about what fuel controller to buy for my 2014 CRF 250L. whats the best ? im open to them all but... im leaning towards dobeck Gen 4 or Three. 

is one better than the other?

Thx

Z

The new one with the wide band O2 sensor would be the best one.  Is it really necessary no.  I don't believe there are too many solid comparisons out there yet. 

Ramsey's is the only one I've read, I do believe....

• Like 3

Has anyone messed with the points of delivery on the EJK? And I have Yoshi full pipe, Unifilter air filter, and no mods to airbox for now. Any recommended settings? It seems as though it idles differently.