dr350 common carb issues - tm33

93 (i think) dr350, bored to 435cc (which rocks!) with a tm33 carb....

a friend of mine recently replaced his tm33 with a new carburator. the difference is night and day. now the bike runs, idles, starts first kick. previously we spent a lot of time focusing on the wire harness, jetting, small issues here/there with the carb. 

now it starts every time, runs well, etc

i've been considering selling my drz400 (with hoolilgan mod wheels) to finance a dr440 project bike to built up this fall and be ready for winter this year. hopefully i can sell my drz easily, find a decent machine on the cheap, get a new jug/piston and tm33 it. i care nothing about looks, as i'll spray bomb it directly. anyone have a dr350 (kick or estart) near birmingham al they want to trade up to a drz400 ? 

the dr just handles dirt better, and comes with cush drive wheels, all of which just makes sense. don't get me started on the much more sane valve adjustments, reliability, etc

:) 

93 (i think) dr350, bored to 435cc (which rocks!) with a tm33 carb....

a friend of mine recently replaced his tm33 with a new carburator. the difference is night and day. now the bike runs, idles, starts first kick. previously we spent a lot of time focusing on the wire harness, jetting, small issues here/there with the carb. 

now it starts every time, runs well, etc

i've been considering selling my drz400 (with hoolilgan mod wheels) to finance a dr440 project bike to built up this fall and be ready for winter this year. hopefully i can sell my drz easily, find a decent machine on the cheap, get a new jug/piston and tm33 it. i care nothing about looks, as i'll spray bomb it directly. anyone have a dr350 (kick or estart) near birmingham al they want to trade up to a drz400 ? 

the dr just handles dirt better, and comes with cush drive wheels, all of which just makes sense. don't get me started on the much more sane valve adjustments, reliability, etc

Birmingham Alabama USA?

1 minute ago, merwine126 said:

Birmingham Alabama USA?

Yup

This is an old post. I just got a 97 dr350 parts bike. With the 440kit. If you ever got one let me know of you need parts .