First Ride 2015 Yz 450

Thanx for the comments everyone, any way I chose the Yamaha over Kawasaki do to I did not want air forks and also with Yamaha like every write up says they are bullet proof. My 09 Yz had 180 hrs on it and and ran like a watch before I got rid of it, Im a B rider got to love Titanium valves.

Like I said Im sure the Kawasaki will win the 15 shoot out.The yz will come in 3 or 4th it has no air forks,launch control and on the fly map button Ala Honda. I like the bike guess that's all that matters and Im sure Rv could win on it ha ha.

Awesome bike. They look great for 15 with the black rims on the blue model. I would also figure the KX is the bike this year (performance-wise). I haven't ridden a '15 but the '14 Kawi was amazing, for me. However, that wouldn't make it an instant buy for what I would own. As a few have also mentioned, the Yam's reputation for build quality / overall reliability should go a long way when making a decision. It makes it a tough call, for sure. Either way, shootout wins are cool but at the end of the day, it's just nice to be on the bike that YOU like. Enjoy the '15 YZ.

Thanx for the comments everyone, any way I chose the Yamaha over Kawasaki do to I did not want air forks and also with Yamaha like every write up says they are bullet proof. My 09 Yz had 180 hrs on it and and ran like a watch before I got rid of it, Im a B rider got to love Titanium valves.

Like I said Im sure the Kawasaki will win the 15 shoot out.The yz will come in 3 or 4th it has no air forks,launch control and on the fly map button Ala Honda. I like the bike guess that's all that matters and Im sure Rv could win on it ha ha.

The Yamaha does have the tuner which is pretty trick and easy to use...that's something.

The best suspension out there rode a 13 CRF and 14 KX 450 both and the 15 Yz is head and shoulders better.

I ride at Raceway park NJ the track is a national caliber track tons of breaking bumps,chop,ruts loam,hardpack and sand.The SSS Kayaba suspension loved it and I did to infact Im not even gonna put my Fasst Flex bars on this bike wow its that good.

I did get a Yoshy slip on for it for the bling of it lol the stock pipe is perfect riding this Fri might need some maps hope not I don't have the tuner if any one has maps for the 14 with a pipe send them this way.

Pin it to win it!!!!!

• Like 1

This bike is Amazing!!

So powerful but so easy to ride.

I have had at least 5 450s and a few 250s but this bike is the best of them all.

Yamaha has got 90% of the bugs worked out on this one.

Im sure it wont win the shoot out it has no fancy stuff but its number 1 in my book!

Good to know. I'm planning on getting another bike. Haven't ridden in 10 years. Last bike I had was a 2001 YZ426. I was thinking the 15 YZ or the 15 RMZ. I think I'm going to go with the YZ.

• 2 weeks later...

This bike is Amazing!!

So powerful but so easy to ride.

I have had at least 5 450s and a few 250s but this bike is the best of them all.

Yamaha has got 90% of the bugs worked out on this one.

Im sure it wont win the shoot out it has no fancy stuff but its number 1 in my book!

I saw your 2013 yz250 on craigslist.... Thats the same fence, Did you ever sell it?

It looks great. Mines on pre order and will hopefully be here in about 3 weeks.

Any feedback you can give us - the more the better!

I just bought a 14 brand new for 7200. Its basically the same yz did this huge change in 14.

my bike runs like it's mad it is absolutely the best I've had yet too to bottom rocket ship.

Edited by cas747
  • Like 1