Whats my DRZ worth?

Hello folks been a while,

So the day has come and I have decided to put my beloved DRZ up for sale. My wife and I are about to start a family and could use some extra cash. Also, having dropped it a couple times, I don't want to take any chances at this time in my life when I need to be at my best. Also, my truck needs some lift lol. So here it goes, these are the facts. I am just looking for a general consensus of what can be expected for a fair sale price.

2007 DRZ400-SM, bought brand new in Sept. of 2010, I have every receipt for every purchase since new including maintenance items and aftermarket items.

14K trouble free miles, very well maintained, oil changed every 1K miles meticulously, always garage kept

MCCT

3X3 with proper jetting

MRD SSM exhaust

K&N air filter

Shinko 244 tires

Clarke 3.9 tank

TCI Products Denali rear rack

Zeta carbon handguards

Zeta break away shorty levers

Thumpertalk side case guards

MSR steel shift lever

Upgraded mirrors

Eddies fan mod, on anytime

Turkey baster mod

Other than that, I have only replaced parts as they have been needed. Chain, brakes, clutch cable are all in good condition. Plastics are near perfect, tires are good, bike fires right up with no smoke and no choke.

Thanks for any input, I am just looking for some information. I have some pictures below for refrence.

2012-11-24_11-46-51_293.jpg

2012-11-24_11-46-05_238.jpg

2012-10-25_18-08-02_523.jpg

2012-11-24_11-34-22_33.jpg

Looking at other 7 year old DRZ's in your area.. Id say your bike is going to go for less than $4k...Likely much less for 7 year old bike that has what appears to many to be mismatched colors and plastics. Your personal choice of "best" aftermarket parts means little to the buyer.... unless that buyer has the exact same parts want list. 

Best bet, return to stock, sell for $3500-4000 and sell the aftermarket parts for what you can.

• Like 1

Aren't those the ridiculously priced OEM optional supermoto plastics? I'd say that bumps the price up a tad

Yes, they are but they came with the bike when I bought it and were included for free as a "perk" if you will. Honestly, I was expecting between 2500-3500 realistically but was going to post it up for maybe 4500. I own it free and clear so whatever I get is pocket money.

Looking at other 7 year old DRZ's in your area.. Id say your bike is going to go for less than $4k...Likely much less for 7 year old bike that has what appears to many to be mismatched colors and plastics. Your personal choice of "best" aftermarket parts means little to the buyer.... unless that buyer has the exact same parts want list. 

Best bet, return to stock, sell for $3500-4000 and sell the aftermarket parts for what you can.

I agree with you, I have been looking around trying to get a feel for the market. I won't be returning it to stock because the only stock part not on the bike is the gas tank and tires but the tank will go with the bike. My hope is that any potential buyers will appreciate the fact that it is a one owner and well documented bike. Never abused and mostly just ridden back and forth to work over the bast several years. Only time will tell.

So after being on craigslist for less than a day, I have a cash offer of $3000. I told the guy I was going to wait a little bit since it had only been listed for a short period of time and he was well under my asking price ($4800). I know I am asking a lot but it leaves room for negotation even though he is in the middle of my expected range. I told him that if he can come up with a little more we can talk and he replied that he would see what he can do. So for now that's where it stands. Today I am going to strip it down and give it a really good cleaning and hope for the best.

One day is fast.  Congratulations, and I agree about being patient.  It took me quite a while to find the one I just bought, and it is in nowhere near as pristine as yours.  I paid $2500 for a 2005 with more mileage, more grime, and an idling problem that was easy to fix but was there.  If you can't get at least $4K for yours, I would be pretty surprised.

Well, he agreed to go up to $3500 cash and we are meeting up today. If everything works out, I am going to take the deal. I feel like it is a fair price and I don't want to miss an opportunity.

Sounds fair enough.....will miss your feedback.  :(   Good luck with starting a family and hope to see you some day back here in the future... ?